Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plush rear shock for 2011Turner 5 Spot DW?
  • percytakacs
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve recently upgraded my forks on a large 2011 Turner 5 Spot DW to Fox 36 Van RC2 and am liking the extra stiffness and plushness over the RS Revelation dual air forks they replaced…

I’d like to upgrade my rear shock to match the plushness and control of the forks (I currenty still have the original Fox RP23 shock)…can I please have your recommendations? 190 x 50 BTW

I was initially thinking coil having been told only coil would match the plushness and small bump compliance of the forks but was then advised that air would be better…?

I had been thinking about a CCDB or IL coil but was told how air shock performance has improved since 2011 and how good the Fox air cans are now etc

FYI I weigh 65kg and is for all round trail use incl occasional trips to Afan Cwn Carn BPW etc

I like climbing too and like the way the DW link sits up when climbing….does this mean I don’t need or actively don’t want something with a climb switch?

Thanks

UK-FLATLANDER

I’ve run both the CCDB coil and the CCDB Inline Air on my med 5 Spot and both feel more plush than the Fox RP23. Both need minor mods to make them fit. The coil is certainly the ultimate in plushness but has a hefty weight penalty. Same is turn of the Van forks, very plush but heavy so I now run a Pike. If I had the spare cash I’d look at the new Ohlins air shock.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Plush rear shock for 2011Turner 5 Spot DW?’ is closed to new replies.