Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plus wheels for a 2017 Longitude
  • beamishblue

I’m lucky enough to be getting a 2017 Genesis Longitude frame for my birthday.

I have some 29er wheels but I’d like to get a 27.5+ set as well. What are folks recommendations for a good plus wheelset?

steezysix
    Free Member

I only have experience with the stock WTB Scraper/Shimano hub wheelset that came on my full build, but it seems really good. If you’re speccing your own, the 40mm rims might give you a better range of tyre choice than the 35mm ones I have.

beamishblue

What size of tyres could you fit on your rims? I’ve been considering Hope 35W anf Alpkit rumpus wheelsets. I wonder why Genesis spec i35 rims instead of i40?

superstu
    Free Member

Superstar must have something? They’re normally decent for the price especially when they have offers on.

steezysix
    Free Member

The Longitude doesn’t have boost spacing so even though it’s a plus bike it won’t take massive tyres. Makes it more compatible with “older” tech so better for sourcing cheap parts, QR wheels, dynamo hubs, etc…

There was a thread the other day where someone has put 3.25″ on the front and 3″ on the back without any issues. If you want to go bigger on the back you’ll need to run a 1x setup so the chain doesn’t hit the tyre in the lowest gears. I don’t think Superstar offer any plus rims, so the Alpkit rumpus would probably be the best value, especially as they offer a dynamo build I think?

nixie

Alpkit?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Plus wheels for a 2017 Longitude’ is closed to new replies.