Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • plus size tire pressure on an e bike
  • milkyman
    Free Member

ok so I have bought an e bike, Scott e genius 710 and its great I like it a lot having had loads of bikes over the years its a change and I might go back to a normal bike in the future, any way the handling on it is very sketchy to say the least its not light and im not either im 17 stone, but the last bike I had was a bionicon evo and I did ok down the hills never the fastest but enjoyed my self, but on this new bike it feels like im riding on marbles especially in the dusty condition’s we have had its almost like I could walk down faster, its got 3.00 nobby nics on it and there is plenty of tread on the tires and the pressure in them is 25psi front 27 in the rear
    is there anything I can do to improve the handling?

scotroutes

Half the tyre pressures?

simondbarnes

What he said

somafunk

Same bike as mine so i can say i run my tyre pressures between 10-14 psi on the front and 12-15 psi on the rear dependant on what i’m riding on, wet and rooty stuff is lower pressures and stony/hardpack is usually higher, I’m only 70g/11 stone so i guess you’ll need to run slightly higher, and get them set up tubeless.

Get yourself a decent tyre pressure gauge and experiment as 1-2 psi can make a difference.

Have fun,

wiggles
    Free Member

Most plus tyres are max 20 psi. So it’s like running a 2.3″ at 65psi and wondering why it doesn’t grip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘plus size tire pressure on an e bike’ is closed to new replies.