Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plusnet Youview
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does anyone have this? I’ve just received my box but I can’t get any channels. The box says it’s connected to the router (via power line adaptors, both of which have all lights lit) but no signal is being received.

Any suggestions?

rewski
    Free Member

Can you try connecting direct to router via Ethernet cable? You’ll still need aerial to get freeview channels.

jonk

plusnet router? my BT youview box will only work with certain routers that support a certain multicast protocol.

nealglover
    Free Member

Does anyone have this? I’ve just received my box but I can’t get any channels. The box says it’s connected to the router (via power line adaptors, both of which have all lights lit) but no signal is being received.
    Any suggestions?

Possibly a daft question.

Do you have the aerial plugged in ?

mikey74
    Free Member

plusnet router? my BT youview box will only work with certain routers that support a certain multicast protocol.

I think that might be it: I’m trying to use my current router as the new one they are sending me hasn’t arrived yet.

Do you have the aerial plugged in ?

Not at the moment, but then again I’m only interested in the internet-based channels. I can’t get Freeview where I’m located. I have also tried it with the aerial plugged in.

I can watch iPlayer OK, which suggests the connection is OK, which points to the router not being suitable, as per monk’s point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Plusnet Youview’ is closed to new replies.