Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plummeting pound and shipping bike to Europe tips please
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi, have my eye on a bike from England . Shop only delivers to the UK so can anyone recommend the cheapest way to ship to Europe , Sweden to be precise.

Thanks my European brothers and sisters

nixie

Thanks my exEuropean brothers and sisters

Fixed that for you (unfortunately).

Depending on where the shop is would collecting it yourself be feasible? Or call the shop and ask them to ship, they may be happy to do it as a one off, especially if it is stock they need to clear.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion, rang them but they won’t ship. Any suggestions for couriers?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yarp

atlaz
    Free Member

What country are you in? Last time I got a big bike thing from the UK I used a trans-shipping service which accepted the package then shipped to Luxembourg

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sounds interesting. Sweden …

andyl
    Free Member

Try this place: https://cyclesent.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

You need to contact them for an international quote.

I used them to send a bike up to Scotland and all went very smoothly. My only gripe was I didn’t get confirmation of collection or tracking which I had to email them for which meant i was slightly nervous but I think they do it to keep costs down and just answer emails of those (control freaks) who worry as it all went 100% as planned – ie bike picked up the day I requested and delivered the next day as promised.

They will pick it up directly from the shop. Failing that you would need to find an intermediary.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Get a ferry across and pick bike up in person?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

North Sweden I’m afraid . Would take days… ! I think the ferry service stopped a while ago anyhow but thanks. Will look at cycle sent

Rickos
    Free Member

https://www.luggagemule.co.uk/where-can-i-ship/bike-shipping-service/?gclid=CKWww_mrwc0CFTUo0wodn8wA4w

I was asked for a quote to ship my (currently for sale) Commencal to Sweden last week and Luggage Mule seemed the best deal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Plummeting pound and shipping bike to Europe tips please’ is closed to new replies.