• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • plumbingtrackworld, need idea of new boiler installation costs for lpg/oil/coal
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

morning stwers

any heating engineers on the board today?

we’re off grid as far as mains gas goes, and mrsmonkfinger want to know what our options are for household heating if we fitted a new boiler (i.e. something we could run off a timer)

we’ve currently got a wood/coal aga type number which works fine, but obviously needs regular feeding. we’re looking at upgrading the installation by adding a heatbank to the whole affair, but other options are always nice

we’d like to have a rough idea of how much a boiler installation would cost us for lpg, oil and coal. We don’t have any fuel tanks at the house so would need that installed too. And a boiler of course. We’re looking at a basic system boiler as the current installation has HWC and CH already. we’re not currently looking to get a link up with the aga – we already have another woodburner elsewhere if we fancy setting fire to some logs, so if we got a boiler we’d ditch the aga.

I’ve heard rumour that for lpg/propane the tank is the property of the gas supplier and they pay for fitting, how true is this? (I suspect it isn’t, but willing to be pleasantly surprised)

not looking for any exact numbers, just finger-in-the-air kind of accuracy

thanks all!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘plumbingtrackworld, need idea of new boiler installation costs for lpg/oil/coal’ is closed to new replies.