Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plumbingtrackworld help please
  • steveoath
    Free Member

Hopefully we have some plumbers in.

Here is the problem i hope that i can remedy with appropriate advice.

We have two showers in the house, one electric and one off the combi boiler. They were working fine until the water board repaired the leaky stop cock that feeds water into our house. Since they connected the water back on both showers have been roasting hot, even at the “blue” side of the temp dial.Firstly is this related to my problem? And if so, can it be sorted.

Any help greatfully accepted.
    Cheers,
    Steve

totalshell

check out the filters in both.. just wash em out under a tap. .. has the water pressure fallen since the work was completed? does the cold tap still ‘splash as much as it used to when running full bore into the kitchen sink.. if not open up the stop tap

hot_fiat

Have they only part-opened the stop cock: so you get less water flow through the system and therefore more chance for the heating element / gas to warm the water.

steveoath
    Free Member

Thanks. Water board coming out to check pressure.

footflaps

Quite often you get silt in all the filters etc after road works as earth gets into the water mains and into your appliances. The silt can block things like the ceramic temperature control module on a power shower.

steveoath
    Free Member

I can see how to get at the filter on the electric shower. But no idea how to sort it on the combi-attached one. The temp dial (and plumbing) come straight out the wall 😕

totalshell

fill a washing up bowl with water.. TURN OFF THE WATER,, just in case you missed that TURN OFF THE WATER. whip the temp control out of the shower making sure you have TURNED OFF THE WATER. give it a quick rinse.. reassemble.. turn the water back on.

you might not be surprised to learn that in a senior moment last month i forgot to turn the water off and got very wet as did the kitchen ceiling,, wont forget again..

steveoath
    Free Member

Thanks so much for your help totalshelll.

Water board came over today, fixed pressure then organised their plumber to clean all filters. We niow have fully functioning showers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plumbingtrackworld help please’ is closed to new replies.