Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plumbingtrackworld help!
  • albino
    Free Member

Any plumbers lurking out there? I’m in need of some advice!
    Is there any way to find out the size of the thread of my kitchen tap with the aerator removed?

I’m trying to connect a 1/2 bsp female connector

directly to the end of a Grohe monoblock tap but the thread and size are not compatible. So I’m looking for some kind of female-male adapter that will screw onto the tap and allow the 1/2 bsp fitting to connect.
    (Or even sompler – replace the 1/2 bsp hosetail fitting with something that will fit the tap directly!)

Does this exist? I’ve looked through the Grohe website but can’t find if there’s a standard spout size/thread size?
    Any ideas? Much appreciated! 🙂

Bear
    Free Member

Why are you trying to do this, it will be tricky, it is a fine thread from memory
    You don’t happen to know the actual tap I’ll have a look in my specifiers guide.

Bear
    Free Member

try these people as I seem to remember they provide a lot of aerators etc for the tap manufacturers. They might know the thread and of a fitting you can use
    http://www.aquaflowregulators.co.uk/aquaflow-pca-flow-regualtors.html

albino
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply Bear – I’m trying to connect an Immersion Chiller to reduce the temperature of beer that I’ll be brewing 🙂
    Similar to this: http://www.brupaks.com/wort%20chillers.htm

I want to connect it to the kitchen tap, as that’s where I’l be brewing.

From what I can tell, (although I’ll try to confirm this with your link), the tap end is M22x1 male.
    I’ve had a look but can’t seem to find a M22x1 female hose-tail that I could swap with the existing 1/2 bsp fitting.
    I presume that something like would work, if it was 22×1 not 22×1.5

I honestly don’t know what I’m talking about with this, so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong! 😀

I’ve been in contact with Grohe by email but haven’t got anything back yet.

Bear
    Free Member

Have you got a washing machine tap under the sink be so much easier?

cannyj
    Free Member

Defo be easier to install a self cutting washing machine tap under the sink which will have a half inch thread on. be a fiver at most and you dont even need to turn the water off!

nealglover
    Free Member

Personally I would put a Speed-fit T fitting in the cold feed under the sink, a short bit of copper with a Service valve, and then whatever fitting you need on the end.

Much neater solution, and will only cost a few quid even at B&Q prices.

(And you can still use the tap while you are doing whatever it is you are doing)

albino
    Free Member

And that’s why I’m not a plumber :roll:! Thanks for the advice one and all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plumbingtrackworld help!’ is closed to new replies.