Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plumbing Qu: controlling UFH when CH controlled for rads
  • Stoner
    Free Member

What happens…

…if a combi boiler is installed with a wireless CH thermostat controlling the boiler for radiators…and you want to add a UFH pumped distribution manifold to the radiator circuit.

Would it make sense to have a second controller for the combi boiler to give the UFH it’s own temp/time parameters to deal with the longer heat up times? This second thermostat would then simultaneously switch the UFH circ pump as well as make the CH circuit on the boiler. I guess you would need to add a zone valve to both rad and ufh circuits too.

(UFH downstairs in 3 rooms, rads upstairs. CH rad thermostat would probably by in ground floor hallway, UFH thermostat in one of the UFH heated rooms)

Bear
    Free Member

You don’t switch the boiler you switch a zone valve whether it is one fitted to the ufh manifold or a simple 2 port.
    Control with two prog room stats or twin channel programmer and two room stats.
    My preference would be prog room stats.
    Assuming that ufh doesn’t have individual room stats of course and own wiring centre etc. even then should be able to use a zone valve to control demand

Stoner
    Free Member

What if you want two different programms for UFh and Rads? Dont you need either to be able to fire the boiler (and then open zone valves)

mugsys_m8

We’ve got heating that has UFH in the main open plan part of the house and rads in bedrooms etc. It has lots of motor assisted ‘servos’?, and now a new control box link to an outside sensor. I really don’t understand it and one of my planned projects is to sit down and understand what box, valve, bit of pipe does what. Anyone want to help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing Qu: controlling UFH when CH controlled for rads’ is closed to new replies.