Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • plumbing help – 22mm–>1" connector to 1" manifold valve joint sealing help
  • prettygreenparrot

I’m trying to connect up a 22mm pipe to a 1″ parallel threaded manifold valve. I’ve sourced some 22mm compression–>1″ male connectors. I’m not sure how to make the joint seal on the 1″ end. The thread look parallel, so I figure I should use a washer or some sort of thread adhesive/jointing compound. If it’s a washer, where to get 1″ fibre or rubber washers? And if I need to use ‘adhesive’ then is jointing compound going to stand up to 3 bar pressure? Or should I use something less squishy? Any suggestions – serious or not – welcome.

steviep
    Free Member

Have you tried sourcing 22mm to 1″bsp connectors with a tapered thread instead. If not a fibre washer and ptfe thread tape should seal ok.

Spongebob
    Free Member

WTF is a 1″ parallel threaded manifold valve?

1″ fittings that i’ve come across are compression fittings.

You’ll either need a short length of 1″ copper tubing (try ebay), or a set of 1″ to 22mm reducing rings.

Bear
    Free Member

He has a 1″BSP male thread off a manifold either for plumbing or heating and he needs to join a 22mm pipe to it.

Usually parallel threads are sealed with a washer, however think you may find it difficult to find a 1″ connector. Use a 22mm x 1″ female iron x 22mm copper adaptor and use some Loctite thread seal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure what you mean either How can a thread be a parallel it is a spiral surely
    Can you do some pics from google image sto explain
    IIRC you can get inserts so that when joining to 1 ” you can insert 22m copper and use a normal olive – like a 22 – 15 mm reducer or 15 mm to 10 mm.

supremebean
    Free Member

wrap ptfe round the 1″ male thread, put a little joint compound if you want. job done.

supremebean
    Free Member

he has the correct fitting eg 22mm compression to 1″ male boiler connector.

Bear
    Free Member

but use Loctite instead of PTFE, a brilliant product.

supremebean
    Free Member

i agree loctite55 is great, however i suggested ptfe as its about £11.50 cheaper and works just as well. dont know if its worth buying a tube for one or two joints.

Bear
    Free Member

PTFE is ok, nowhere near as successful as Loctite in creating a seal though. They do do a small packet which is much cheaper.

Would use it because of the parallel thread as they can be notorious for getting them watertight sometimes, until Loctite came around that is!

prettygreenparrot

Magic, thanks for the suggestions.

prettygreenparrot
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘plumbing help – 22mm–>1" connector to 1" manifold valve joint sealing help’ is closed to new replies.