Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plumbing: 40mm waste pipe connector with "rodding eye" for building regs?
  • crankman
    Free Member

Just had building inspector round to get my extension signed off. All OK except the 40mm drain from the kitchen sink which goes round a corner to main waste is in his words “a long run, and the builder should have fitted a connector with a rodding eye”. The idea is that this, coming from a kitchen sink, could block up and cause problems. This doesn’t sound unreasonable I think, so after he’s gone I go online and can’t find them anywhere.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? It’s to replace a 90deg connector on 40mm waste pipe with a connector that has a rodding eye or rodding access or something. Seems like he’s making me fit something that doesn’t exist! Screwfix don’t seem to have them, nor Wickes or anywhere.

Any advice?

Basically I need to replace this:

wwaswas

something like this but with a cap at the end away from the swept curve;

+

mrben100
    Free Member

How long is a ‘long run’ – in theory 40mm pipe should be good for a 3m run at the correct fall (according to the regs).

Any scope to go to a 50mm waste pipe? – could then go to 4m run (again according to the regs).

Vern0n
    Free Member

try searching for this…

Should be called ‘access’ or ‘inspection’ try searching for these…

Vern0n
    Free Member

I was too scared to search for “Rodding” whilst at work… 😯

freeagent
    Free Member

wwaswas has it – make it up from those two parts.
    easy job – and the bits are readily available from the likes of screwfix…

crankman
    Free Member

Great! I figured I must have been searching for the wrong thing. Many thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing: 40mm waste pipe connector with "rodding eye" for building regs?’ is closed to new replies.