Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plumbers & Boiler Experts assemble!
  • TubsRacing
    Free Member

Help please! I’ve just been passed a house we have an offer on and there was visible water vapour coming from what I presume was the boiler flue. The only thing is I couldn’t see anything coming form any other house and I even went home and ran the hot tap to get our combi going, but no sign of any thing from ourflue. Does that indicate a problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Just water vapour right?

And not sure the “test” on your boiler is any help?…. Different conditions, boiler temp, outside temp and humidity etc.

Well l hope that’s the case… my boiler is always pumping out steam

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

It’s because it’s a condensing boiler, it’s called ‘pluming’, perfectly normal.

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Well our house is just round the corner so ambient factors the same but of course you’re right about the boiler (&flue) temps. It just looked odd I couldn’t see any thing coming from any other of dozens of houses round about.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah mines a condensing as well

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Thanks both.

spooky_b329

Its summer, most boilers are off, you just saw them at the time someone was taking a shower or washing up 🙂

I just tried mine and it didn’t plume. Its more common in cold or wet weather as the vapour doesn’t evaporate immediately.

Its presumably a modern condensing boiler, if anything was awry it would most likely just throw up a fault light and stop working rather than run inefficiently, they are full of sensors.

If it hasn’t had a recent service just advise that you would like them to get it serviced, or send someone round if it rocks the boat less at this stage of the sale. Just to settle any concerns.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Plumbers & Boiler Experts assemble!’ is closed to new replies.