• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pls recommend me a cheapish DX torch for my Fox Flux helmet
  • ElShalimo

I’ve got a Fox Flux helmet.
    I want to get one of those cheapo DX high lumen torches to use as a head torch for trying out night riding on local tracks/bridleways. I’m thinking of pairing it with a smudge light on the handlebars.
    Can anyone recommend me a headtorch, battery, attachment combo for not too much money? If I don’t get on with night-rides, I can just use it as a good torch and pretend I’m in an episode of CSI Yorkshire
    cheers

Taff
    Free Member

See this previous thread. My new head trch is there and I’m quite pleased with it. Just waiting on a light similar to Smudge’s to arrive from DX

ElShalimo

cheers Taff
    did you just get the torch or did you get batteries and helmet attachment
    as well?

Taff
    Free Member

Got some senybor 2400 batteries and a UK plug charger from ebayseller. As for a mount I tried an old pump mount but found two thick elastic bands were much better

Northwind

Attaching things to a Flux is a bugger, by the way- all those curves. I gave up on my mounts and went with a big blob of blutack and a load of rubber bands. Quality.

Del

what ‘nealy’ suggested in that thread you linked will be good. i got a ‘yezl’ torch. that also rocks. both will knock a hope vision one into a cocked hat for the money, then stomp all over it’s lardy arse, and shag it’s bird.
    fwiw i bought the yezl, 2 off 18650 li-ion cells, and a charger for ~ 40quid. turned up in about 5 working days.
    either of those torches will probably fit the exposure joystick helmet mount, should your creativity fail you in mounting to your lid ( it’s been confirmed that the yezl definitely will ).
    check my forum activity for links to the yezl torch, or at least, links to a thread i learned about them on. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pls recommend me a cheapish DX torch for my Fox Flux helmet’ is closed to new replies.