Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pls help me with my cassette pls
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve just removed the cassette off my original hub and tried to fit it to my nice bling hope hub but there is now loads of wobble/play in the cassette!
    Do I need a spacer or something?
    If so can I just pick one up from lbs?

Help!!!

tomhoward

What speed cassette, what was the old hub?

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I’m presuming 9 speed as it’s a nine speed cassette I took off that had no play but does on the hope hub!
    Does this make sense?

jekkyl

is the hub put together properly? did the big bit that goes inside the cassette come away the from hub? is the little black rubber ring seatly correctly in the groove in the hub?

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I’ll just check now the lbs have just changed the wheel from 12mm to qr for me maybe that’s the problem

bikemanspen
    Free Member

It seems that the new qr adapter won’t let me tighten the locking ring enough…. Ummmmm???

Shackleton

Will the wheel fit in your dropouts? If not it may be that the drive side adaptor need pushing in further. I remember mine requiring a very firm press (and a few gentle taps with a hammer…..) to get fully seated.

scotroutes

TBH, I’d take it back to your LBS and ask them to have a look at it.

bails

There are a few plastic ring spacers inside the cassette. Have you lost one while swapping it over?

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Not lost any spacers as it’s fine on other wheel! I’ll try tapping the adapter in abit!
    An don’t worry it will be going bk to lbs if I can’t sort it.
    Cheers guys

m4rkl
    Free Member

i had a shimano xt m760 cassette exactly the same would not tighten onto my hope hub, ended up buying a m770 which fits perfect

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pls help me with my cassette pls’ is closed to new replies.