Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • please will you help me :(
  • watsontony
    Free Member

hello all.

i really need some help, last night the head of a bolt sheered off in my 19mm 8 spline axle. now im wondering if anyone knows wear i can get a cheap replacement axle, or weather there is an 8 spline bb that i can use rather than the axle. or if you have a cheap set of cranks with bb for a 68/73mm bottom bracket……. the thing is fairly skint and want to ride tonight. any help offers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance Tony

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what cranks?

watsontony
    Free Member

i am currently running 3pc bmx cranks but i need anything that will fit and be able to run a 4 bolt granny ring i have. but the bb that i have is for a 19mm axle 😐

watsontony
    Free Member

will add a bit more info

the frame is a cove sanchez with a 68mm bb shell.

i currently have a 19mm euro bb fitted.

my axle has a sanpped bolt stuck in.

im pretty upset this is my only bike and i want to ride some street tonight 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not being funny but how can we help?

You need spares this afternoon, yes? Call up some local shops.

can’t you get the bolt out by sawing a slot and using a screwdriver?

As for “upset” ❗

watsontony
    Free Member

Not being funny but how can we help?

on the off chance that someone local has some spares in there sheds ect…

You need spares this afternoon, yes? Call up some local shops

call a local shop on a sunday al? are you open today? and even if one was open all they would be able to do would be order me something in, well i can order things for my self faster and cheaper so……

can’t you get the bolt out by sawing a slot and using a screwdriver?

ive tried all sorts even drilling and trying with bolt extraction kit….. no joy.

As for “upset

yes i really like riding my bike, its more of a lifestyle than an hobby, im sure even you can understand that????

anyway al thanks for the “help” buddy

mamadirt
    Free Member

No help for tonight but the DMR Drone MK2 BB and axle should do the trick and CRC have stock for £17.99 (Mk 1 version was for BMX rear spacing with a shorter axle).

trailster
    Free Member

IF you sheered the bolt last night and post for help at around 3pm 😯 What have you been doing all day?

watsontony
    Free Member

mama dirt thank you. i have given up on riding tonight and this looks like the best option. thanks again should be riding wednesday 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

My LBS is open Sundays.

watsontony
    Free Member

[/quote]IF you sheered the bolt last night and post for help at around 3pm What have you been doing all day?

trying to help myself first we dont all go running to the forum before we try sorting the problem out our selfs. plus i do a lot of night riding i didn’t even get home last night until 2am

njee20
    Free Member

So you rode last night? So either ride that bike again tonight, or if you rode with the broken bolt last night what makes you think it won’t be alright again tonight? 😕

watsontony
    Free Member

So you rode last night? So either ride that bike again tonight, or if you rode with the broken bolt last night what makes you think it won’t be alright again tonight?

the bolt broke last night.

Coyote
    Free Member

Some real nice folks on here this afternoon.

njee20
    Free Member

We’re trying to help, part of which is understanding the exact situation. I don’t think it’s an illogical conclusion from the facts:

1) The OP went riding ‘last night’, getting in at 2am and
    2) The bolt broke ‘last night’

That he has another bike, or rode the broken one. Who fettles, having got in at 2am?

cynic-al
    Free Member

watsontony – Member
    on the off chance that someone local has some spares in there sheds ect…

fair enough.

rOcKeTdOg

what? no spelling and grammar nazi’s yet on this thread?

hope you get it sorted Tony, nobody likes missing a ride

watsontony
    Free Member

Some real nice folks on here this afternoon.

yea really nice folks and very helpful i feel like i have done something that offends some on hear, all i asked for was a bit of help i can see the error in my ways. consulting a bike forum on bike related problems, i must be off my head,

njee20 many thanks for understanding and also fixing my problem.

and cynic-al you are a very sad argumentative old man.

boblo
    Free Member

Aye but he’s also the Forum expert on carbon cutlery so keep on the right side of him. You never know… 🙂

watsontony
    Free Member

Aye but he’s also the Forum expert on carbon cutlery so keep on the right side of him. You never know…

😆 sorry al i meant you can be not you are…. 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘please will you help me :(’ is closed to new replies.