Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • please value my bike
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

how much is this worth then?

its my 2013 Cube Stereo Super HPC 160 SL full carbon FRAME ONLY with the Fox Float CTD boost valve 160mm shock on it, and a reasonably new BB. i have stripped it for a new build.. 20″.

frame is well used and has some cosmetic wear but is structurally sound and has recently had a full bearing replacement.

Merak

(frame)Half of retail value. *Depending on condition.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

fully built retail?

cookeaa

I’ll give you £3.87…

Oh alright call it £4.00

sofatester
    Free Member

Half of retail value

This.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

retailed at about £3.5k fully built two years ago. i cant find an RRP for a frame only…

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’d never buy a second hand Cube after seeing so many frames crack. Both road and mountain.

br
    Free Member

£500-600?

Although if you advertise it as 650B/27.5 (which I assume it as) you may get more.

Wozza
    Free Member

Also, it’s 20″, there’s not many folk who’ll be looking for a frame that big. £550-600 in my opinion.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Search for others sold. Makes it harder to find if they never did frame only options, but it can appeal as well, as some people don’t want full bikes.

The ‘half retail’ thing is generally bollards, IME, unless yo’re talking run of the mill generic stuff of which there is multiple choices at any one time..

bikeneil
    Free Member

The ‘half retail’ thing is generally bollards, IME, unless yo’re talking run of the mill generic stuff 

That exactly describes a Cube :mrgreen:

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

True, although that’s a somewhat rare one.

650b, carbon, as long as it’s not a dog, i’d have thought you would get a grand for it fairly easily. I wouldn’t bother selling it on here though.

Ebay it, with a 99p start and take offers, and Pinkbike.

br
    Free Member

Once you’ve a ‘price’, let me know as I’m interested.

eip

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

well i prefer hob nob’s valuation to br’s 😀 but im not certain – maybe ill set a reserve somewhere in the middle… cheers

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

b r – i know you said EIP but i cant click on your name?

rOcKeTdOg

See below

rOcKeTdOg

650b, carbon, as long as it’s not a dog, i’d have thought you would get a grand for it fairly easily. I wouldn’t bother selling it on here though.

Can you come and value my house too?
    £500 hoping to achieve £450 at most I’d have said. If it was SC or something less “Euro” I’d have said £750

Btw is says “bruce_nikki@hotmail.com” when I look at br’s profile

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Can you come and value my house too?
    £500 hoping to achieve £450 at most I’d have said. If it was SC or something less “Euro” I’d have said £750

Hmm, in the politest possible way, I think you might be a little out of touch on the pricing of used bikes. Considering there are recently sold (Ebay) frames, for roughly double your suggestion, in a bigger, more gate like size.

Something less Euro, i.e. a current, on trend carbon Santa Cruz 650b frame, for £750? Really?

Not sure if serious.

rOcKeTdOg

It’s 2nd hand with only the sellers word on history, I’d also have more confidence in an alloy frame 2nd hand than a plastic one.
    Cube doesn’t have the caviat of the “sexier” brands either

In the nicest possible way I think you have more money than sense

hora
    Free Member

Recently I saw a 4yr old carbon blur frame advertised on here for £1700. I lol’d. I don’t care how strong carbon is I wouldn’t pay decent money for a year(s) old carbon full sus.

Cube aren’t a boutique frame brand either so you can’t command a decent price IMO.

The size is a tad high for mainstream? I’d say its a keeper/getting into longterm keeper territory or…..£500. Even then- not sure it’d sell.

BTW does it have the balance of any warranty left? This WOULD help if it was transferable.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

dont think there’s any warranty left, might be? and its a good fit for me at about 5′,10″ /5′,11″.

Cube isnt a boutique brand, i know its shallow but thats kindda the reason i want a change. but its still a fantastic bike for those in the know or less concerned about labels. if its good enough for Niko Lau…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s 2nd hand with only the sellers word on history, I’d also have more confidence in an alloy frame 2nd hand than a plastic one.
    Cube doesn’t have the caviat of the “sexier” brands either

In the nicest possible way I think you have more money than sense

Despite your apparent prejudice against carbon, just because you won’t, doesn’t mean everyone won’t.

I do agree about Cube being a bit more mainstream though, which is why I suggested a price considerably lower than the brands with a better perceived image.

Just because you’re cheap, doesn’t mean other people have more money than sense (see what I did there).

The size is a tad high for mainstream? I’d say its a keeper/getting into longterm keeper territory or…..£500. Even then- not sure it’d sell.

There is a recently sold 22″ frame on Ebay, that was auctioned, for nearly double your valuation.

Like I said, stick it up for sale elsewhere, generally you get a considerably better return rate elsewhere than here.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I’d buy it if I had the money, you’d get a fair few quid for it I think. There was someone who was trying to sell me a 20″ 2010 Alpine for £650, so think of what you could try charging for that!

At 20″ it can be a long comfy frame for the shorters and something nice and playful for me at 6’5″. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘please value my bike’ is closed to new replies.