Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Please tell me about … York uni.
  • MrSparkle

One of my daughters has just gone there to study Psychology so anybody got anything useful to impart about the place?
    Ta.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

York Uni or York St John mate?

I went to York St John as a mature student and in terms of the city I loved it. Student friendly and pretty safe.

Excellent real ale pubs for when you visit too 😉

My friend went to York Uni and loved it. Came out with a first. She will love it and be fine.

Best time of her life. 🙂

Garry_Lager

It sounds old, but it’s one of the youngest universities in the UK.

Beyond that, not a great deal. Good university in general, visited the Heslington campus many times and York the city seems a really sound place to live. I have a couple of people in my group who did undergrad and PhD there and they loved it as a place to study and live, go back a lot.

Without knowing anything about the psychology dept in particular, you’d expect standards of education to be at a generic good level for a Russell group place. It’s rare for a department to be completely out of line in that regard nowadays.

MrSparkle

Thanks guys. She’s at York St John.
    Well aware of the pubs there as I used to go round ’em when at York going drag racing back in the day! ;0)

wl
    Free Member

York’s a northern Bath. Great city to be a student in, if a little ‘safe’, posh and unadventurous compared to bigger UK cities. I would have thought the standards will be high and the York name good on a CV.

Pyro

Full of idiots who got rejected from Oxbridge… 😉

(I may be biased, I went to Leeds)

Pyro

Ah, sorry, St Johns. That’s the decent uni in York. Good on her.

CaptJon
    Free Member

My sister did her PGCE at St Johns. She loved it and has stayed in York.

MrSparkle

Thanks all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Please tell me about … York uni.’ is closed to new replies.