• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by IA.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Please Show me your peugeot partner/citroen berlingo vans with bike inside.
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Going to bite the bullet sooner than I expected, but I am after the new shape with 2 3/4 seat on the front.. Just want to know how is the space in the back, i believe you can put a bike there without taking off front wheels. Many thanks.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

No pics as I’ve only just got it, and its an ancient Mk1 Berlingo Multispace, but I can put my medium 29er in upright with both wheels on as long as one side of the split rear seat is folded. Do have to angle it sideways a bit, but plenty of room.

Would probably go in straight if I removed the rear seat completely.

IA

I’ve a latest shape multispace (car variant).

No pics handy, but I take 2 seats out the back (leaving 2 in front 1 in the back) and can wheel in 3 bikes wheels in, you just turn the bars about 45 degree and the front wheels go behind the passenger seat.

That’s 3 of my massive XL 29ers too.

I’ve had 6 DH bikes in the back too with all the seats out.

IA

Ahah found a pic. Just one bike and some camping kit in here, but 2 other bikes just go in the same way with it, you just drop the front wheel of the 2nd bike infront the first etc. This particular bike’s an XL trance but my more recent 29ers fit fine too, and you don’t actually need to completely turn the bars as per this pic.

I think the 2 3/4 seat van would actually be worse tho, as I often keep the 3rd “middle” bike straight, with the front wheel poking between the seats as it can work out easier. Had a tandem in there wheels on like that.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Im after a van like this, but with full bulkhead close. So i just hosed down mud and dirt come winter time. And bolt on some bike stand thingy on the floor to keep it upright.

IA

Ah the bulkhead might mean bikes don’t quite fit longways then. Though you get the van variant with a 0.5m extension behind the rear wheels which gives you the extra length you need – worth looking at that version?

Take a bike to the citroen garage, they were more than happy for me to have a go fitting mine in to see how it went, just make sure it’s clean.

Also if you can get it, the upward tailgate rather than barn doors is really handy, gives you shelter from the rain loading/unloading/changing.

Another blingo pro-tip, if it doesn’t come with the aux input (check the glovebox) as them to enable AUX1 in software (or AUX2 if you get bluetooth or handsfree) then its about £15 cable to get an mp3/phone input.

EDIT: also with the flat floor and not having the dip behind the front seats to drop the wheel into, some bikes you won’t be able to turn the bars as they’ll jam on the roof so they wouldn’t fit. Not a problem personally, but i’ve given lifts to folk where I’ve needed to wangle the bike in a bit till the wheel drops in the footwell.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

5 Bikes and gear for a long weekend.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@IA cheers dude will have that in mind.. Agree with tail gate upwards is better for my need.

@ lobby_dosser 😯

offthebrakes
    Free Member

IA – any info on the MP3 cable input? Wondering if I can do this on my Mk1.

IA

Which stereo do you have? Post a pic, or pull it out and it’ll say on the top.

If it’s a blaupunkt RD4 I can tell you what you need to know/give you links….

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’ll have a look later.

IA

Top-tip, 4 spokes are ideal radio keys to pull it out. Or cut up a wire coat hanger and use the two curved ends as a pair of keys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Please Show me your peugeot partner/citroen berlingo vans with bike inside.’ is closed to new replies.