Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Please show me your Hecklers!!!!!! (+ size help)
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Im trying to convince myself to take the plunge on a new heckler, so please convince me by showing you builds!

also – what size frame do you ride and how tall are you? im about 6" 2

ta

Ben

scruff
    Free Member

Im 6' in thick socks & ride a large. At 6'2 I would say XL for XC, L for more chucking it about.

Love mine. I had an older one and sold it, regretted selling so bought a new one.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/4010/pbpic4010422.jpg

bomberman
    Free Member

I think a large would be the best option for you as i'm 5"8 and on a medium. They're quite short in the top tube. could be a good excuse to post a pic… do older-style hecklers count?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

thats a lovely looking bike scruff, the type of build i'd go for…

yep any heckler pics at all please!!

scruff
    Free Member

I guess size wise it depends how long you like your stems and if you like layback seatposts or not. 70mm stem and inline post on mine.

Burts
    Free Member

6'0" and ride a large:

18bikes

Large, imho – we've just ahd a Medium demo in, so if you're local (or even if not!) you could come swing a leg over. Our Blur LT is large, geo is just about identical, so a good one to compare.

Si

18bikes

Large, imho – we've just ahd a Medium demo in, so if you're local (or even if not!) you could come swing a leg over. Our Blur LT is large, geo is just about identical, so a good one to compare.

Si

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Cheers Si,

im from tideswell so i'll have a nip over when i get chance.

ta

Ben

santac
    Free Member

will email you some pic's of mine I'm 6' but I have long legs 36" inseam and ride a large which maybe be up for sale as I can't put it to it's full use due to health problems and only ever ride xc in the chilterns

18bikes

Ben – ace, I grew up over the hill in Litton, good to see locals. Open while 8 on Thursdays if that helps- althought maybe too late for you today!

dickie
    Free Member

5'11" here & on a large with lay back Mav speedball & 100mm stem.

HarYuken
    Free Member

6 foot and size large

Albanach
    Free Member

6'5" and an xl here, no photos at work.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

6ft and Large. 😳

Ironically my Heckler is a Large aswell…

flyingmonkeycorps

No picture of mine, but I'm about 6' and I ride a large. It's a 2006 though, so a bit different to the new one. If it was just a play bike I'd have a medium, but for doing a bit of everything it's spot on. They are short in the top tube, which is something to bear in mind.

hillsplease

6'4" and an XL. S Manchester if you fancy a go.

rode it for about half the Mayhem in 2007 with 1.5 Conti mud tyres on it. Looked a bit odd, worked a treat in the clag. XT, Fox TALAS, UST and Thomson stuff mostly.

SBrock
    Free Member

Heres mine Size L, Im 5'11 with 32 inside leg

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Just like 'scruff' in the second post on here, I had a 2006 Heckler & absolutely loved it! But……I think I went through my mid life crisis (at 37yrs!) and decided I would take up downhill/freeride, so sold my Heckler & bought a Santa Cruz VP Free – REGRETTED! One smashed foot and 14 weeks in plaster later……my new heckler…..!! 😀

I'm soooooooooo happy to have the Heckler back in my life!!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

looks like im smack in the middle of 'L' and 'XL' then!

some really nice bikes here, its definately going to be black or white though.

goslow

6' tall and ride a large Heckler, a shiny lime green one with lots of black bits. Lovely.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

The one thing I forgot – mines a large! I'm 6'. I have attached a link to the geometry of the bike….they recommend a lge for 5'10" to 6' 2" & then XL 6' 2" to 6' 6"

Heckler Geometry

D0NK

6'2" with a large heckler, mines a 5" not the latest version but should be the same fit-wise. Short-ish stretch so serious climbing needs wind down forks or for you to keep leaning forward but fantastic for along and down.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

6'4'', large.. I like my bikes a little on the small size.

stuartm555
    Free Member

6'1" and large … feels big enough for miserable XC but small enough for DH fun

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Medium frame and Orange in Colour (for those who are colour blind..)

I'm 5ft 8 and this is a good size for me.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Teetosugars – what stem do you have ?

Cheers

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Teetosugars – what stem do you have ?

Cheers

70mm Thomson X4

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Please show me your Hecklers!!!!!! (+ size help)’ is closed to new replies.