• This topic has 72 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by reev.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • please show me your best ever do it all bike
  • watsontony
    Free Member

what bike have you owned that best fits the do it all category.

Im selling my hardtail and putting some money towards and cant decide between a do it all full sus or a full on dh bike.

please show me your do it all bikes and help me make my mind up.

I know i dont really need a dh bike most the time but i would rather have a bike that is capable of everything i do.

im confused and really want to get my next bike right as i have now had two in a row that i dont like 🙁

Konastoner
    Free Member

here’s mine:-

tmb467
    Free Member

Still can’t post pics

Now with added travel – 160mm vans instead of pikes

ska-49
    Free Member

Go on then…

Couple more bits coming- reverb, hans dampf & gamut. Good weight and huge amounts of fun.

sambob
    Free Member

Salsa Horsethief, only ridden it once but I love it already. 130mm fork, 120mm rear travel 29er/steamroller/monster truck. Chuffing brilliant. You’ll struggle to get the right bike if you don’t test ride some, having said that I’d never ridden a Horsethief before I got mine.

shinsplints

Loving the yelli screamy

Bregante

Untitled by redmancunian69, on Flickr

My Nicolai Helius CC. Definitely more of an all rounder than my last FS (Enduro SL with Lyriks). The Nic is miles quicker uphill and only marginally less capable downhill. Best bike I’ve ever ridden. 8)

kimbers

my daaaaaawg

smiff
    Free Member

the enduro is like a smooth pitch. mmm.

how does that horsething work with such itty bitty seatstays? you’d think they’d bend under compression. anyway only heard good things about it.

i’d of course vote for the only AM bike i’ve owned, the 26″ Guapo.. also happens to be one of the cheapest AM frames if you’re into self-build. no pics yet only built it 2 days ago but looks very much like my last one:

probably could do anything if it wasn’t so God Damn Sexy that she mainly likes to pose. 🙄

gb1m
    Free Member

Northwind

Depends on your “all” doesn’t it… I don’t do enormous marathon XC rides or dirt-jumping so this does my all

Raced downhill on it, done big days up mountains, all that good stuff.

tomhoward

Now with double/bash upfront, plus shorter stem and wider bars

Stevelol
    Free Member

Light as anything, hilarious geo and strong enough to take anything my wussy ass will throw at it. blur trc:

tomhoward

Piss, can someone link to my pic, posting on iPad 🙁

smiff
    Free Member

yer was going to say.. i don’t think there is (or ever will be) a bike that does dirt jumping and marathon xc rides and DH.. well :p

nickewen
    Free Member

Built up last summer. Great fun but way more competent than I am! Taking it to the Alps this summer for mine and its first time…

20121231_085829 by VeeeDubStar, on Flickr

sambob
    Free Member

The Seatstays are designed to flex, eliminates the need for a pivot that would move less than 5 degrees anyway.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Does everything I need it to do rather well

Ambrose

As Bregante TBH. Helius CC. Amazing bike and AFAICT all I’ll ever need.

smiff
    Free Member

The Seatstays are designed to flex, eliminates the need for a pivot that would move less than 5 degrees anyway.

oh i see.. they are thin but wide. bit like me old Trek (TF ’08) but better. very elegant, wonder how strong it is if used say by a fat man for DH?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Heckler 🙂 160 up front swapping wheels depending on the duties ranges from 31-37lb depending on what is on it and what it’s for.

warpcow
    Free Member

What would a do-it-all bike thread be without a Sovereign (ok, so technically it’s my only bike):
    P1030135 by warpcow, on Flickr

godzilla
    Free Member

Nipper99
    Free Member

Does it all from my point of view.

phone 035 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

nuke

Mostly Surrey Hills but then it has done the Alps and will more than likely be doing the Trans Provence guided this year…

Euro
    Free Member

Does it all

kayak23

There is NO do-it-all bike….
    There, I’ve said it… Any bike you use will be good in some areas and compromised in others. Depending on your riding you must choose where you are willing to compromise most.

I’ve got a Nukeproof Mega. It’s great for uplift days and the Alps etc, bit too much for your average xc ride or trail centre and I wouldn’t go near a pumptrack with it!

For that reason I also have a hardtail and a bmx…. 😀

Forget the do-it-all notion, it is all about compromise…

ajr
    Free Member
    allmountainventure
    Free Member

tomhoward

Intense by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

IA

i’ll just leave another one of these here:

Burlier build than the one up there ^ 140mm forks, chainguide and sturdier wheels etc.

messiah
    Free Member

sambob
    Free Member

Probably fine, I’ve never seen or heard of a broken one.

Waderider
    Free Member

Does OFFROAD and ROAD 😀

roverpig

Well I’m surprised it took as long as it did before we got the first Five. But since we’ve done that can I offer you this surprisingly capable XC/Trail bike:

Milkie
    Free Member

My first do it all bike, was my first bike, a Kona Kula… I took that to the Alps and thought I should get one of these full suspension things…

180mm of pure plushness.. :mrgreen:
    It’s not bad going up hills either.

Not very recognisable from the angle of the photo tho!

Tracey

kiwijohn

flyingmonkeycorps

Hemlock by Will Slater, on Flickr

In its natural habitat… Does everything I want it to FAR better than I can.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘please show me your best ever do it all bike’ is closed to new replies.