Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Please shoot me
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Molly how often do the end users get involved with the procurement and specs of a system? Settle down, there is a dear

molgrips – Member

They don’t, but if I had my way they would. The ‘they’ in my ranting is your managers, or more likely their managers’ managers.

They do where I work (also public sector). User representatives (cross section of actual end users / team managers / Business information teams etc) given guidance to produce a functional requirements spec, which is then graded against any competing products and this informs the decision of which product we recommend they buy. Same users are then involved in the rest of the project from contributing to the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes to helping write test scripts and finally when the system is rolled out they are ‘system champions’ to help gain the acceptance of the new system amongst their colleagues.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just heard we are the guinea pigs for this new system, so that may be why it is so glitchy

konabunny
    Free Member

You appear to have an obsession with semen

Maybe s/he works for the Maritime & Coastguard Agency?

robdob
    Free Member

Pig face – looks like I won’t get paid my standby payments now, no one appears to be able to sort it out. 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

robdob that is what my wigout was about, standby over bank holiday weekend has gone in but no body knows how to figure out the overtime

robdob
    Free Member

My overtime hours have gone in but the daily payments in ICD just won’t work, my TL authorises them but they are rejected overnight.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, so you say ‘you need X’ and they say ‘we can only afford Y’ but they still need a system and you still need to fulfil the contract.. so the managers usually find a way to fudge it, and the techies say ‘this isn’t going to work’ and the managers say ‘expecations have been managed’ which is their way of saying stfu.

So true

slowoldman

It’s quite normal for really important corporate and public sector IT upgrades to be utter shite. I think there must be a clause in the contract somewhere.

manton69

We are the only part of the government sector using this at the moment. Guess nobody told us we were guinea pigs as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Please shoot me’ is closed to new replies.