Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • please recommend someone to fit a dics mount to my rigid forks
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

There is a plan a brewing for a Crosser but I need a disc mount fitted to my old Kona Project 2 forks

Can anyone recommend anyone who can do the job

Ta in advance

SD

dufresneorama
    Free Member

You can buy P2’s with disc mounts. They pop up on the classifieds now and again.

tthew

And the originals were probably not designed with the braking force applied at the drop out end, so may not be as strong. You’ll probably be OK if you are not big boned and use sensible brakes.

TheWrongTrousers

You want a ‘DICS’ mount on your rigids ? 😆
    I’ve led a very sheltered existence …..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Argos racing cycles in Bristol might know?

If someone charges you silly money, save up for a p2 disc version new or 2nd hand.

globalti
    Free Member

Sell the original P2s unmolested; they go for good money.

tomaso
    Free Member

You can, but if you do the maths for the cost of welding the mount on and repainting your forks to end up with a fork that was never designed to handle the forces generated by disc brakes versus just buying a modern project 2 with a disc mount all painted and designed for discs…

dufresneorama
    Free Member

This boy’s selling them:

stw ad

bencooper
    Free Member

Welding disc mounts onto old forks is something I do reluctantly – you can’t brace a fork the way you can a seatstay. So generally better to get new forks.

However when I have done it, I’ve usually put the mount on the front of the right leg – that way the axle force on the dropout is forcing the wheel in, not out. Did this on a ’30s Freddy Grubb tandem 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

I looked at argos and I know there workmanship is superb ( they built 2 bikes for me) but tis expensive at £70 plus painting I would be better off buying new forks

saladdodger
    Free Member

Got an answer Kaffenbak disc only forks £40

not worth farting about realy me thinks

Thanks for the replies though folks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘please recommend someone to fit a dics mount to my rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.