• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Please Recommend Me Some…..Audio Editing Software
  • wombat

I’m after some inexpensive audio editing software to enable me to create an intros round for a charity quiz night I’ll be hosting.

All I need to be able to do is chop off a few seconds from a track and then form the chopped off bits into a CD with a separate track for each bit.

I’ve used free online ones before but they’re a bit clunky and I’d rather have a piece of software that I can keep on the laptop (running Windows 7 if that makes any difference).

We hold the quiz at a PRS registered venue and I provide the venue with the details of the tracks used so it’s all above board.

(If anyone’s in Newcastle at the end of next month and wants to enter a team just let me know 😉 )

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Audacity. Very simple to use. You can import in various formats or record directly. Basic editing is very intuitive (cut, trim, paste fade in/out etc.). Export as mp3

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Cletus
    Free Member

I am a fan of Wavepad by NCH.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

It is not free but is fairly cheap and there is an evaluation available on the site.

I find it easier to use than Audacity and, as I occasionally need to edit files for work, felt it was worth the cost.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

Not that cheap! I find Audacity is easy and works just fine even for doing far more complex stuff than the OP wants to do – it’s remarkably good for free media software.

jaymoid

+1 for audacity

grum
    Free Member

Definitely Audacity for what you want.

colournoise

+ many potatoes for Audacity.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I use a prog called Wavelab, but it ain’t cheap. I’d go with Audacity.

leffeboy

Audacity again. Very straightforward to use

dannybgoode

Has anyone suggested Audacity yet? Perfect for what the OP wants – and free.

From memory you need to download an MP3 dll but its free and the instructions are on the Audacity website.

Cheers

Danny B

Pook

There’s a program called audacity which is quite good. Others on here don’t seem to have heard of it but I can heartily recommend it

stuartie_c
    Free Member

LAME .dll plugin needed for mp3 export:

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#lame

One-off installation

steveoath
    Free Member

You might want to check out audacity.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Audacity, you say?

ratadog

Absolutely, Audacity.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yep, audacity. it’s free you know

wombat

Thanks for all he replies.

I asked a couple of friends about just this issue last night, one of them recommended a free to download programme called Audacity, is it any good? There appears to be a lack on consensus here 😀 😉

grum
    Free Member

Can’t believe no-one has mentioned Audacity yet.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Please Recommend Me Some…..Audio Editing Software’ is closed to new replies.