Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Please recommend me some gloves with padded palms for DH etc.
  • dingabell
    Free Member

As above really. Looking for some gloves with a bit of padding on the palms to use for more comfort when doing DH. A bit of knuckle protection wouldn’t go amiss either. What are you wearing on your mitts?

TooTall
    Free Member

Have you tried some suspension forks? 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

I use Dakine Sentinel gloves which have that d3o stuff protecting the knuckles.

My last few pairs have all been Dakines because they seem to have thicker palm material than other gloves.

bland

Just out if interest have you tried gloves with no padding or stitching?

Loads comfier IMO

dingabell
    Free Member

I have tried those new fangled suspension fork thingies but sadly I’m a bit of a wuss and still want a bit of palm comfort. My gloves I use at the moment are bog standard non padded ones. New grips would probably help I suppose? Or I could just MTFU.

legend
    Free Member

extra layers of material/padding gives more to move around under your hand when riding – this is likely to make your hands hurt a lot more.

I always go for gloves with very little material on the palm. Fox do various (quite cheap) models with a single piece of material and no stitching on the palm at all – might be worth an experiment?

longmover
    Free Member

I use Troy Lee Air glove, hardly any padding at all but the palms don’t bunch at all.

What grips are you using?

dingabell
    Free Member

Yeti lock ons at the moment. Maybe I should stick with thinner gloves and get some new grips? Not sure what softer compound grips are any good?

mikey74
    Free Member

Those Yeti lock-ons look damn uncomfortable. I use some Lizard Skins North Shores that are pretty comfy.

_tom_
    Free Member

I find thicker gloves make hand pains worse, obviously ymmv! I dont ride with gloves, they feel awful, make your hands sweaty and thus they stink!

I use odi rogues and only really ride dh.

legend
    Free Member

Yeti’s are kinda comfortable, but there are a lot of rubber blocks to move around under your hand, the same blocks make the effective diameter of the grip quite large too. I used them for years until I realised that Ruffians (and especially Sunline Thins – no longer available) suited me much better.

I still have a set of Sunlines on the DH bike, and Renthal Kevlars on the trail bike – not convinced that the Renthals aren’t actually a bit too soft….

chakaping
    Free Member

Dakine Highwire are my choice, been using them for DH and also maybe half my trail rides for a few years and they’re still in great condition.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend me some gloves with padded palms for DH etc.’ is closed to new replies.