Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • please recommend me a saddle that doesn't creak…
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Recent saddles have been charge spoons or Madison flux. So basically the same saddle. On a Thomson elite.

I end up having to grease the rails and clamp bolts regularly, otherwise there is always a really annoying distinctive creak when I have the saddle up for climbing and go over any bumps. I grease and clean then everything is fine for most of a ride then the creak is back again.

Any recommendations (that do not include ibeam) welcome.

bikeneil
    Free Member

If more than one saddle makes the same creak then I’d be swapping my seatpost.

igm

Wrap the rails in electrical tape, gaffa tape, old inner tube as appropriate. You can certainly use electrical but it might not stop the creaking. Inner tube will stop the creaking but might not fit. Have a play.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a go with inner tube.

Different seatposts. Had the Madison on my old bike that was stolen, the charge is on the replacement with a brand new Thomson. Both bikes had Thomsons but I’ve never heard of then being bad for creaking before.

enfht
    Free Member

Im pretty sure Thomson say not to grease anything except the bolts.

Don’t be so certain that the creak comes from the rails, try a different seatpost and/or qr clamp.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Spray a bit of lube into the bit where the saddle rails go into the seat base.

That has cured some creaks for me in the past.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘please recommend me a saddle that doesn't creak…’ is closed to new replies.