Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Please recommend me a B/Band, Landline and TV supply company,
  • stealfwayne

I’m currently with Talk Talk, their service is ok when it works, however at least once a month the service for all 3 areas of it drops off. They fix it but i have had enough. Please suggest worthy companies to replace these Cunch of bunts as they are for the chop. No sky if possible (I have principles)

lunge

For all 3 I think Virgin are pretty good. Let’s face it, you’ve only got 3 choices anyway, BT (expensive), Sky (already discounted) and Virgin.

stealfwayne

Thanks Lunge. I’ll look into that tomorrow

samuri
    Free Member

I’d second lunge’s suggestion.
    I was very wary at first. I’d heard a lot of bad press about Virgin but so far at least they’ve been excellent.

We have the full package, broadband, TV and phone, in various flavours. 10Mb broadband, all phone calls free, about a hundred channels plus we have the V+ box which is excellent.

about 45 quid a month which at first sounded like a lot but then I worked out how much we paid to BT and our ISP (for a 1meg line) and it’s a couple of quid a month more expensive with Virgin.

The broadband is quite frankly, astounding, blisteringly quick, all of the time. The TV and phone just work and the V+ box is nice and easy to use. Our biggest problem with the TV is that we’ve set so many things to record series that the hard drive is full because we don’t get time to watch them all.

HD (real HD, not upscaled), is freaking awesome too. And iplayer works great.

Plus when the guys came round to install, they were perfectly happy to run a second cable upstairs for the router, and virgin let you manage your own router too which is nice.

br
    Free Member

Best of breed for us…

Phone – BT (We spend bugger all, so why bother)
    TV – Sky (Best menuing)
    Broadband – Virgin cable (10mbps)

jca

Bear in mind that if you were to use a different ADSL provider, your connection would most likely still be going through the same hardware anyway, so may well not solve your problem.

I’ve been with virgin/NTL for many years and get a broadband connection speed which is pretty much the advertised rate, whereas ADSL at my location was around 10% of the advertised speed. Phone help service is not good, but try their web forums if you need assistance – there ‘proper’ tech support folk read the forums (not the guys in India who follow a script and tell you to turn it off then on again…..) and can either offer advice or sort out getting an engineer on site far quicker than trying to get through the phone system.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I have to say plusnet customer service is really good. I had a load of initial problems getting my broadband set up, none of plusnets fault, but their communication was fast and informative. I got the impression that, yes, they did give a toss!

vrapan
    Free Member

I have Virgin they are very very good – talking about cable broadband here. What lets them down is absolutely atrocious support.

A few weeks ago my bb went down – happens once every other year if that. I called them next morning as it was still down. Went through 5 different representatives on a span of over 5 hours. In that time, I was told to boot my modem, computer and router in different succession at least twice from each of them, I was passed to the paid for tech support who tried to persuade me that I need to pay 10£ a month for them to fix my computer as it is the computer that was causing the problem to finally get a guy who after wasting 15 minutes of my time telling me to turn it on and off and that and the other told me there is a technical problem in my area and it will be resolved the next day.

But guess what? I stick with them. This is the first time I had a problem with my broadband in over two years, and in that time the line rated at 20Mb is on 18-19mb all the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend me a B/Band, Landline and TV supply company,’ is closed to new replies.