Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • please reccomend me some reuseable 11 speed chain links.
  • iainc

I successfully use the 10 speed KMC ones on mtb and road bikes, but have 11 speed (Shimano 105)equiped cx bike coming soon. The 11 speed KMC ones are described as not reuseable. Any reccomendations ?

(I do have the KMC pliers for home based fettling but can get the 10 speed ones open fine by hand trailside if needed)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the basis that 9s work with 10s chains, will 10s work with 11s? I use the 9s ones with my 10s as there’re plenty of cheap re-useable 9s options. In fact would 9s work as 11s uses a wider cassette and a not much narrower chain?

iainc

TINAS – indeed, I wondered about that but would rather not find out the wrong way !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

anyone else on 11 speed yet ? 🙂

tonyg2003

I use the 11 speed (campag) KMC chain on my road bikes with a reusable link. I don’t see why the KMC chains aren’t reusable?

iainc

tony – I dont know either but it says so here yet the 10 speed ones are described as being resueable

frogstomp

Is it just that the non-reusable ones require a tool to open them? Think SRAM links are also described as non-reusable but I’ve done so countless times..

MrSmith
    Free Member

i use the kmc links but have a pair of the link pliers to go with them and re-use the links 2-3 times, they are not meant to be re-usable like 8/9/10 speed ones

trickydisco
    Free Member

On the basis that 9s work with 10s chains, will 10s work with 11s? I use the 9s ones with my 10s as there’re plenty of cheap re-useable 9s options. In fact would 9s work as 11s uses a wider cassette and a not much narrower chain?

yep. using a 10 speed reusable link with my 11 speed ultegra chain. Done 4 CX races on it and it’s worked fine

There isn’t an 11 speed reusable link AFAIK

Posted about it here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-11spd-shimano-road-and-mtb-kit-compatible#post-6435126

iainc

cheers all, will order an 11 speed ‘non reuseable’ plus some additional 10 speed ones for seatpack

tonyg2003

I guess that there is a difference for KMC campag since there are definitely KMC 11speed links.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘please reccomend me some reuseable 11 speed chain links.’ is closed to new replies.