Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Please post a pic of your carbon 456 bikes
  • rainbow
    Free Member

Any carbon 456 riders here? please show us your bikes here, I am thinking of getting one for myself this year, many thanks.

tops5
    Free Member

Not the best quality pics I’m afraid:

tops5
    Free Member

Whoops double post

andrewh
    Free Member
    philstone

rainbow
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, hope to see more C456.

brant
    Free Member

Quite a few over here. http://on-one.posterous.com/

manitou
    Free Member

Nah looks a bit weird. the tubes look all out of proportion

manitou
    Free Member

I’ve one of these..

🙂

footflaps

GF’s 456:

Liz at Kirroughtree by brf, on Flickr

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Trouble is manitou, yours has the name of one of the biggest tools in the industry on!

pastey-boy
    Free Member

few changes since this pic, now got xtr m970 chainset, and red sunline v-one risers instead of the red (pink) on-one risers. also fitted a proper lock-out/compression knob after removing the pop lock lever

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Just built up with parts from a broken Remedy to keep me going, liking it so much its probably going to stay that way 🙂

On One C456 by davidxbrown50, on Flickr

letmetalktomark

Not mine but one of the best looking 456 builds I have seen:

More here:

Clicky

Northwind

Shiny by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

It’s not a pretty bike, but it works (and hey, I own an Ellsworth so the 456 is still a million miles away from being the ugliest bike in the garage).

I am sore tempted to buy one of these £250 yellow frames, I’m sure it’d be much less ugly if it were eye-searing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

davidxbrown – Member
    Just built up with parts from a broken Remedy to keep me going, liking it so much its probably going to stay that way

Was thinking of getting one and swapping my std build onto it, much like your spec. How does it take the abuse?

rOcKeTdOg

there’s a whole lot of ugly on this thread, but ugly in a kinda good way, ugly bikes ride harder

wozza70
    Free Member

Loving it so far… now running 2.4’s F+R, Dropper Post, SDG BelAir and ODI LIME green grips – even happier:-) Who wants a pretty bike anyway!

hora
    Free Member

Question, is it true (Bikeradar) that the rear really is too stiff/beats your hands up on descents??

Euro
    Free Member

If you have hands that do dishes (can feel soft as your face) then… who knows.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Question, is it true (Bikeradar) that the rear really is too stiff/beats your hands up on descents??

Lets think logically. (hard, I realise…)

Your HANDS are on the bars which are connected, via the stem, to the forks. The forks have this thing called “suspension” which you may have heard of…?

So, your hands are on the bouncy bit. So if they are getting ‘beaten up’ that’s the fault of the forks 1.e. the FRONT of the bike, not the rear….

Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

🙄

That said, no, it’s BS 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Did someone say they are available in yellow? I thought that was just the Whippet?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I know it’s a whippet, but 😯

hora
    Free Member

B.A.Nana I’ve reported your post to the mods.

Leku
    Free Member

or

Sort of tempted given my Cotic was stolen recently.

rOcKeTdOg

Even the chain is red!

D0NK

oh go on then

Question, is it true (Bikeradar) that the rear really is too stiff/beats your hands up on descents?

hands? No. From my own experience the back end is definitely comfier than an mmmbop and a kinesis xc120 (not difficult) and probably about on par with a steel inbred.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I now think I might have to change mine (only a few months old) for a yellow. 😐

richc
    Free Member

what’s the build quality like? As every on-one frame I’ve bought has been a roughly finished, and looked more like a prototype rather than a finished product.

D0NK

what’s the build quality like?

Couple of niggles with the design but build/finish seems fine on mine.

scotty38
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

I know it’s a whippet, but

I’ve seen some sights in my time but that….. 🙄 🙂

sam42
    Free Member

Wow, that red and white whippet’s like a car crash, horrific but I can’t stop looking at it…

matt_outandabout

What has been seen, cannot be unseen….

pickle
    Free Member

I expected clown music to fire up as i started looking at it 🙂

proper billy smarts bike

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That’s somebody’s pride and joy you’re insulting.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

[davidxbrown – Member
    Just built up with parts from a broken Remedy to keep me going, liking it so much its probably going to stay that way

mikewsmith – Member
    Was thinking of getting one and swapping my std build onto it, much like your spec. How does it take the abuse?]

The ability to swap all my parts over without buying anything was a big attraction.

With regard the abuse only managed 2 rides so far totalling about 90K and not ridden a hard tail for some time so early days, but it just feels right and I can’t think of anything I wouldn’t ride compared to the Remedy based on experience so far. I did get the chance to borrow my mate Alex’s C456 before I bought mine which had a slightly shorter fork it felt low at first but handled great, the Fox36’s are maybe overkill but the frame takes them fine.

The build quality of the frame and the paint finish exceeded my expectations and is excellent, when it was delivered to work there was a steady stream of mountain biking work colleagues in having a look and everyone was impressed.

I shall be leaving it built up and build up my replacement Remedy with mostly new kit, new bike by stealth 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

when i took delivery of mine, i picked the box up and thought it must be empty! i’m well impressed with the build quality for the price.

wwaswas

started like this;

ended up like this;

replaced with;

scotty38
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

That’s somebody’s pride and joy you’re insulting.

You’re They’re obviously not shy so don’t worry about it 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Please post a pic of your carbon 456 bikes’ is closed to new replies.