• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Please Persuade My Wife……..
  • jodafett

……that an Ibis Mojo is no place for a child seat. I have a Hardtail that she wants me to sell but I’d like to fit a child seat to it for our daughter. I’m a bit of a hoarder so my wifes convinced I’m just making it up that a child seat can’t be fitted to the Mojo so that I can keep both bikes. Please address all replies to my wife as it might have more impact! Usual STW wit welcome! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You should get your wife to give you a Handjob.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to get a trailer instead?

Ideally one that can also be used for multi-day trips?

Rachel

bullroar
    Free Member

He’d need to get a Stiffee first.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Stiffee first surely?

RealMan
    Free Member

He’s lying you can fit a child seat to a mojo no worries.

HTH.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Then a Hummer if he’s lucky

jodafett

Thanks Rachel but no room to store a trailer.

Realman no that doesn’t HTH! 😀

JRTG
    Free Member

Only if you tell my wife to let me keep my beard.

igm

S’pose telling her I had a child seat on my Alpine 160 wouldn’t help. It is after all a far better bike for a child seat than either the Mojo (delicate carbon) or a hardtail (you don’t want to rattle the little one to bits with that lack of suspension do you?) and could be part financed by sale of the hardtail.

jodafett

Igm – Does it attach to the seat post, I’ve a dropper post so no can do. I’m open to suggestions tho. What child seat do you use?

br
    Free Member

Is 2 bikes now classed as a ‘collection’?

Grow some mate.

brakes
    Free Member

surely you need a new bike?
    you need one that is compatible with the child seat.

brakes
    Free Member

Only if you tell my wife to let me keep my beard.

your manly face-mane should be evidence enough that you should not be messed with. you must have a crap beard.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Sell hardtail then youll have room to store fold away trailer. No need to thank me.

Seriously now…carbon is unsuitable for child seat clamps – ibis told me it would damage the frame when i asked them 😮

ivantate
    Free Member

My boy did prefer the weeride on a full sus.

Alway had a hardtail in back-up though. Just in case….

senorj

Is 2 bikes now classed as a ‘collection’?
    Grow some mate.

Ha.

jodafett

@ b r – I didn’t mention nowt about “collections”.

amedias
    Free Member

Does it attach to the seat post, I’ve a dropper post so no can do. I’m open to suggestions tho.

use a normal seatpost then…you really think you need a dropper on the rides when you have the child seat fitted?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Or he’s trying to Hustler (hustle her) 😀

james
    Free Member

clamping stuff to carbon tubes that were never meant for anything clamped on them?
    If I’d spent that much on a frame I wouldn’t consider it

A seatpost mounted something maybe possible?
    A beam rack with a seat on it?
    I’m likely wrong, but at least a beam rack with child + seat on a rigid seatpost ought to put similar loads on the frame as a bigger bloke sat on saddle clamped back on a layback post?

I’d maybe ask ibis about a trailer though. Again not really in the design remit for the carbonyness?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Even if you could do it isn’t putting a child seat on an Ibis a bit like attaching a caravan to a Ferrari?

Perhaps she will understand this analogy.

jodafett

curiousyellow – she just laughed at your post. I think she is now convinced. Cheers folks 🙂

igm

Jodafett – a WeeRide when they’re small nd a LOCT when they get bigger. Both mount from seat post and a t the back end, but are dropper compatible (better with a dropper I’d say) and the LOCT goes on the steerer tube at the front (replace 10-15mm of spacers) while the WeeRide goes to the head tube (around 3mm of head tube needed above the top tube, but you might get way with less).

LOCT is a better seat, but a) only for 2 to 2 1/2 year olds upwards and b) like gold dust now (ask nicely on here for second hand ones and someone might have one) though they may come back into production some time.

LOCT website

WeeRide is not as good (though perfectly acceptable) but does younger children and is readily available.

WeeRide website

Both are better for taller riders as he child sits in front of you.

The pay off is that the weight is central and within reason you can still ride most stuff – certainly 90% of rail centre reds.

EDIT: dropper is good with a child seat as you can get on and off the bike with the saddle down – ie both feet flat on the ground.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Please Persuade My Wife……..’ is closed to new replies.