Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Please no…the wiggle ad tune is in my head!
  • tang
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGkaJcTcXX8[/video]

My wife sings it to me, claiming I have that deranged look like the bloke in the ad. Got ‘this is how we roll’ rolling around in my head today. Help.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boy oh Boy that advert is disturbing 😕

Thanks for bringing it to the forum as well 😐

sandwicheater

Forgot to set the box to record the highlights so have had to deal with this for the first 5 days, still have it in my head. Makes me so very angry, must smash!!

soobalias
    Free Member

the level of doucebaggery in that advert is incredible.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

thank god, I thought it was just me.

SaxonRider

My entire house laughs with morbid amusement when that ad comes on.

We can’t stop staring at the guy, and wondering what the ad is meant to convey.

I am not convinced it’s a totally positive message.

While we’re talking about it, though, what is the first line? I can’t make out the words. :mrgreen:

SaxonRider

So this is the background to the ad, but I still can’t make out the words!

Because dum-de-dum
    Me and my bicycle
    This is how we roll

tang
    Free Member

How the hell that ad made it onto our screens I just don’t know. Surely in the approval meeting someone at wiggle must have thought ‘this is actually pretty shit, this bloke looks deranged and in no way aspirational (step hop aside) got anything else?’.

Edit: First line could be ‘because I have no friends at all’…hang on thats a bit close to the bone!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Because bikes have soul,
    Me and my bicycle,
    This is how we roll.

8yo daughter loves it, so is singing it on repeat. You become slightly immune to this sort of thing after a while.

SaxonRider

Thank you! Now I can sleep.

I actually don’t want to criticise the guy in the ad for fear he is someone on here.

tang
    Free Member

He got paid and can side hop up steps, fire away Saxon!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I quite like the ad, and must admit to having that same sort of inane grin on my face after trying out my new bike yesterday.

BTW you are welcome.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its worked though – its got you all talking about it! Brand awareness and all that..

I think its equally disturbing though.

mrchrispy

must just be me that loves this then.
    the guy is awesome, I especially get a kick from the way he nods and smiles at his new bike near the end.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Thetallpaul, I’d be keeping him away from my 8yr olds if I had any. Looks like Laurence Ten Dam if he’d been groomed by Jimmy Saville and had Werther’s Originals in his camelback.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And I take it the only size DHB do jackets is “too big”?

jimmy

I always slap my bike on the top tube when out for a good ride.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Because bikes have soul,

Ah, that makes more sense. I kept hearing ‘because bikes are slow’ and thought that made no sense.

chambord
    Free Member

You guys are all just jealous because he enjoys riding his bike and you don’t.

Duggan

I absolutely detested this at first but now have somehow come full circle and quite like it

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Caught myself humming it on the commute in this morning. That and ‘Shut Up And Dance With Me’.
    Street cred = 0

I like it,

A normal but slightly obsessed guy that we can all laugh at*, while secretly seeing some of ourselves in him.

Compare to all the car adverts featuring uber-cool young people, empty city streets and trendy out door lifestyles.

At least bicycle man has dreams we might realistically aspire too.

*apart from being able to side hop up steps though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A normal but slightly obsessed guy that we can all laugh at*, while secretly seeing some of ourselves in him.

nah, my kit fits me, and I don’t look like the Childcatcher…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Please no…the wiggle ad tune is in my head!’ is closed to new replies.