Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Please, no, not Rolf Harris?
  • ontor
    Free Member

No suprise, he make half a career out of heavy rhythmic breathing

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I always thought that ‘Tie me kangaroo down’ had a slightly suspicious air…

whitegoodman
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

This some kind of new variant on Godwin’s Law?
    😆
    Could well be a similar trend… 😆

We could call it Goodmans Law.. 😉

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

“I grew up in the belief that sex
    was dirty. It was spoken of only
    behind the boy’s lavatory at school
    or written with chalk on a wall.

“I can remember getting a hiding
    from my mother when I was about
    four for doing a super drawing
    of a man with no clothes on –
    he was standing there absolutely
    naked and urinating – and my
    mother didn’t like it.

“When I was ten or 11 my mother
    decided I should see her naked
    to let me know it was all natural
    and everything – and we had baths
    together. But it was too late by
    then. It just used to embarrass me.

“Then my mum brought me a book about
    what any young boy should know and
    she stayed in the room while I tried
    to read it, but I was just too
    embarrassed and couldn’t wait
    to get out of that room.”

– Rolf Harris, TV Times, c1974

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

G4S a tabloid non-story. They are providing civilian investigators, so thank Winsor Report and current government for the cuts that make that necessary. The criteria for recruitment into the role mean only retired detectives with relevant experience are getting employed. Oh the ironing.

Not ironic at all (in the definitive sense of the word, it’s not an unexpected event).

Experienced person quits, and becomes a consultant. The original compnay benefits by being able to call on that experience on a day (or hourly, weekly, monthly) rate, without the costs of having to pay them 48 weeks a year, or provide a pension, HR, notice periods, or if they work from home/other office, a desk/phone/cleaner/PC, ICT suppourt etc. The consultant benefits by getting more money (but has to cover their own overheads), gets to chose who he works for and what projects, and gets as much (unpaid) holliday as they like.

unklehomered
    Free Member

@alexandersupertramp

assume its where you copied and pasted it from, but the layout of that had me trying to read it like a poem… which got really weird really quickly. 😯

Cougar

Rolf Harris had groupies?

ROLF HARRIS?

ROFL.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Rolf Harris had a no 1 and was on top of the pops.

I expect everyone who had a No 1 hit in the seventies had groupies.

Even that bird thing..

edit.. Definitely another candidate for yew tree this one, somebody want to ring G4S

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL0k3ISzEjM[/video]

Trimix
    Free Member

Well there is clear evidence had his hand up a bird !

CountZero

Trimix – Member
    Well there is clear evidence had his hand up a bird !

And not only that, but the bird’s wearing a nappy, so it’s clearly underaged, and thus he’s a paedofile!
    If someone brings the stake, I’ll bring the matches and some marshmallows, and we can have a good burning. 😀

djglover
    Free Member

Re Keith Harris. I would put money on it.

My Mrs was propositioned by him at 16.

seavers
    Free Member

Re Keith Harris. I would put money on it.

My Mrs was propositioned by him at 16.

Soooooo legal then? Morally, it is a different matter.

I’m gonna wait and see if Rolf is charged and convicted before I get my knickers in a twist.

konabunny
    Free Member

It does strike me that maybe what many people felt was acceptable then, is no longer felt to be acceptable – so society’s changing values is something to bear in mind.

Aww, jeez, not this shit again. If it had been socially acceptable in those days, it would have been legal and the perpetrators wouldn’t have gone to such lengths to keep it quiet.

enfht
    Free Member

Bo Derek frequently shagged me when I was 14, although I may have imagined the whole thing every time she did it. Hmmmmmm Bo Derek. 8)

crankboy
    Free Member

G4S are a private company the more they expand the investigation the more “suspects” they identify/create the more money they make.

Just a thought.

funkmasterp

I propose a new (ish) board game, Guess Who, The Sex Offence Edition. Consisting entirely of Children’s TV presenters from the 70’s and 80’s. You would need to use the exact same type of deductive reasoning employed on social media sites.

Pick a face……guilty!

It can’t fail. Who wants to fund it? Anyone?

postierich
    Free Member

A very good friend of mine gf worked for the BBC as a co producer of a show featuring RH she was warned by her bosses that he was very touchy feely with young women she kept him at arms length! 😕

zippykona

Now you mention it,my friends ex girlfriend said she didn’t like watching him on telly as he gave her the creeps.
    You can call CSI off that’s all the evidence we need.

globalti
    Free Member

Just about every man aged 65 and above must be looking over his shoulder these days wondering how long it will be before some past indiscretion comes out of the woodwork.

*thinks* hmmm…. tall blonde Gillian who I groped in the school locker room when I was 15 might just fancy her chances at getting some cash out of me…. better stay here in lagos and not come home.

Clover

I remember being 15 and going to a party thrown by my Dad’s research assistants (i.e. young post grads). As a 15 year old I was hugely flattered to be asked by a nice-looking man ‘which university did you go to?’. The responsible adults in the room pounced on the bloke in question and ensured that he didn’t get into trouble – and neither did I.

The difference between normal people and all the cases coming out of the woodwork – as I see it – is that there weren’t enough responsible adults saying ‘no, you can’t do that’ to the media idols and letting the culture slide into tacit acceptance and blind eyes being turned so that it seemed like a perk of the job.

At 15, wondering about the adult world and nearly getting into quite a few scrapes, I was lucky that men didn’t take advantage and there were people looking out for me. Things could have turned out badly but I’m glad they didn’t. It’s better not to have your faith in humanity smashed at an early age.

Oh, and Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile both made my skin crawl. For what it’s worth. I just didn’t watch their programmes!

Northwind

I’m trying to decide where the line in the sand is. I’m pretty sure that if Glen Michael turns out to have been a paedophile, that’ll be the point at which I say **** it, I don’t care. But maybe it’ll kick in earlier.

zokes
    Free Member

FWIW, the most contact I’ve had with 14 and 15 year olds (apart from when I was at school) was from behind the bar of Bangor University’s Student Union, by which point they’d already got past two points of apparently having their ID checked.

No, it’s not quite justification, but if the cases in question involved gigs where the artist would rightly have expected anyone there to be over the age of consent (i.e. over 18 and allowed to buy booze), would he really be expected to ask for them to verify their age? Is that a realistic expectation? Or is it realistic, just as I was told by the bar manager, that anyone who had got in had been verified as over 18 and therefore OK to serve alcohol to (or shag…).

konabunny
    Free Member

G4S are a private company the more they expand the investigation the more “suspects” they identify/create the more money they make.

Just a thought.

It’s not G4S that decides how many temp employees are supplied.

“Just a thought”.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Please, no, not Rolf Harris?’ is closed to new replies.