Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Please Help. Replacing an Orange P7 headset…
  • p7rich
    Free Member

Just ordered some new forks for my 2009 Orange P7. I thought i’d replace the headset at the same time as it’s a cheapy and is now 2 years old. I believe the current headset is an FSA TH 357 but cannot find any info online to help me pick a replacement. Does it have to be so flippin’ complicated?!?!

Can anybody point my in the direction of a good/great replacement? I’d rather spend more and not worry about replacing again in the future.

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s a standard 1 1/8″ threadless headset, if you want to spend a bit more then Hopes are good, and come in a variety of colours. Spend a bit less and you’ll get an FSA XL11 or Cane Creek(S3 I think)in a similar spec to the Hope.

Del

FSA Orbit XL11s on my bikes. fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    p7rich
    Free Member
    2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I use the Hope Headset

Here’s a gratuitous shot of my P7 hope styley

nuke

Thanks fellas. Would this fit…?

Yes…nice bling addition.

Think these guys are the still preferred choice for CK and have the updated Griplock headset…

http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=AVT

FWIW I’d 2nd the XLII

p7rich
    Free Member

Thanks again. Might all be academic though. After several emails (to check spec)with Leisure Lakes Bikes yesterday i ordered. 24hrs later they emailed to say the forks are unavailable!! For f…..!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Please Help. Replacing an Orange P7 headset…’ is closed to new replies.