Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Please help me upgrade my fork
  • offpiste
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve got some RS 351 Solo air 140mm with MoCo damping and I’m happy with them apart from the damping is not fantastic. Can I put in a damper for a Revelation to improve things or will this not work with solo air? Or can I change to dual air as well? Any suggestions much appreciated.

offpiste
    Free Member

Anybody have any ideas re this? Thanks

warpcow
    Free Member

A Recon 351? Should be doable. Best upgrade would be a Blackbox rebound damper from a Rev. Problem then is that is might be a little long (it’s from a 150mm fork), but you could swap the MoCo comp. cartridge to a newer DNA one too. I did something similar with a Sektor and it came to about £100.

There’s someone on here who’s done it with an old Pike, which is almost identical to your fork. I’ve been thinking about doing it for a while with my Pike, but don’t actually need it right now.

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks warpcow. Thinking about this a bit more I’m not sure changing the internals is worth it, tempted by some new Revs but they’re 15mm only, would like to stick to 20mm if poss. Any other possibilities, maybe somebody is selling some 20mm Revs?

danjthomas
    Free Member

Offpiste I am selling 26″ 20mm revelations 150mm that came on my stumpjumper evo. They’re have 5 months use and are in excellent Nic. Let me know if your interested. Im awaiting delivery of sone shiny new pikes.

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks danjthomas, might be interested but I forgot to say I need straight steerer, I’m guessing yours are tapered?

batman11
    Free Member

Have a look around for deals on new/second hand xfusion velvets there a great fork as are the rest of there range.
    Cost/performance there great.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1502327/
    Bats

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Please help me upgrade my fork’ is closed to new replies.