Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Please help me identify my Hope hub!
  • rascal
    Free Member

Bought used last year so unsure of any specifics.

Sorry for the link – don’t know how to put pics on here 😳

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/rascal011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Want to run a 12mm bolt-through axle instead of current QR. Is it easy?

Cheers!

z1ppy

Looks to be Pro 2 or Pro 2 evo, not sure how you identify the difference, and the E-Y marking on the hub isn’t helping any either.

[EDIT: Removed quote, after looking at tech doc, as it seemed nonsense]
    To be the most obvious difference is that the freehub bearings are 15mm on the Pro2 and 17mm on the Pro 2 evo

Not a huge amount of help, other than to confirm you will be able to convert it, with the right kit. Doing the conversion isn’t difficult, large hammer and a couple of sockets will get it done (search youtube for a guide)

amedias
    Free Member

Looks like a Hope Pro 2 (not Evo) to me, which means 12mm x 135mm axle is available, you need a new Axle and end caps.

As available here (other sources available)

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I think (someone back (this up please) that if you pull one end cap off an Evo you’ll be able to slide the 12mm axle (Maxle etc) partially in, the Pro2 you won’t as you need a dedicated 12mm Hope hub axle

portlyone

Ask Hope, they’re usually very helpful.

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks – I will ask Hope as I’m quite confused as to exactly what I need to go from QR to 12mm bolt through now 🙄

rascal
    Free Member

Ar%e – emailed Hope but no one’s home until Jan 5th 😥

nigew
    Free Member

Looks like a pro 2 (non evo)
    And Rockthree is correct, pull an end cap off and check

jonk

If its an evo you just change the end caps if not new axle

gee
    Free Member

That’s a Pro2. The Evo ones say Evo on the hub shell, at least mine does.

And yes, as above you’ll need a new axle and end cap kit.

rascal
    Free Member

Had a look on Youtube – you can pull the freehub body off with a twist – I can’t seem to on mine.
    The current end caps don’t come off either – could be doing it wrong though!
    It’s def not an Evo hub – too old.

z1ppy

The end caps can be barstards, though it’s only an inner o-ring that’s causing the friction, try using two screw drivers to prise them off or molegrips wiggled up & down while pulling on it. The freehub might also be sticky, I throw part of a cassette & locknut on the hub (done up finger tight), then while supporting the wheel with the freehub facing down, bash the back of the cassette through the spokes with a hammer & dowel (other ways are available) until it pops off

toppers3933
    Free Member

certainly looks like a pro2. although every one I’ve ever seen has had pro2 etched onto it.

dyna-ti

Deffo a pro 2 but could the lack of logo possibly make it from their ‘Hope Hoops’ wheelsets ?

I’d wrap something around the end spacer to protect it should you need to pry it off. Fabric elastoplast is a good choice.

euans2
    Free Member

Its absolutely not an Evo, all Evo’s have an stamp on them, it’s ether a Bulb or a Pro 2, some Pro 2’s didnt have the stamp on them

spikey
    Free Member

Looks like a pro2 to me (none evo) if it’s for 142 x 12 you will need the
    X12 kit.not the one above. X12 comes with different end caps.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Please help me identify my Hope hub!’ is closed to new replies.