Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Please help me get my son riding again (twitter content)
  • MrSparkle

Now then. My son used to ride with me quite a bit. He’s been to a fair few Singlespeed event at home and abroad, he’s raced at Hit the North in the past. Mainly though we used to get out on an evening or he’d come on the Sunday morning ride with the lads and he used to love it. He was pretty unfit at first and struggled but amazingly soon he gained fitness and was easily up to it. He was also a pretty good rider and was certainly better at descending than me (which maybe doesn’t say much but…. Anyhoo, he’s 20 now and basically he just can’t be arsed anymore. He’d rather loaf about in bed all day after a night on the piss. It’s a shame. I’d like to try to rekindle his love of biking and I’d be chuffed if you could help. On that there Twitter I am @darwendashers and I’ve just tweeted about the situation and asked people to RT. If you do twitter and you can spare a click then please RT it too. Look on it as the STW youth policy,the future of mountain biking. Or something. You don’t have to follow me or owt just RT the tweet. Ta.

breadcrumb

RTed.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Sorted. 🙄

MrSparkle

Thank you kindly.

carlosg
    Free Member

He’s 20! As much as I enjoy riding bikes at 20 beer and girls were more fun. If he liked bikes before chances are he’ll like them again in the future.

andy7t2
    Free Member

my son will ride a bike, realy

MrSparkle

Carlos – very true. I certainly won’t be asking him to stop either of those, believe me!

DavidB
    Free Member

I RT’d it on the condition he buys me a pint if he doesn’t get riding again

crikey
    Free Member

Not only embarrassing Dad, but embarrassing Dad by Twitter!

MrSparkle

Cheers Dave!

crikey – yes, it’s like ‘anti social media’ ;0)

crikey
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Please help me get my son riding again (twitter content)’ is closed to new replies.