Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Please help me find…
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Please help me find the thread on here from last year that showed photos of many of the best Scottish beaches.

I’ve searched but failed, Looking for inspiration for some motor home wild camps later this year.

Thanks

sharkbait
    Free Member
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thank you, next pint’s on me 8)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

One quick question.

In remote spots there are the occasional “No overnight parking” signs on car parks near beaches.

If you are only there for one night while “travelling through” do you comply or ignore these signs.
    What offence can they do you for?

scotroutes

The signs are usually placed by the local authority but the police have pointed out they have no legislative power and are, in any case, of the mind that they shouldn’t be moving on drivers whilst also encouraging them to take appropriate rests.

Just don’t take the piss 🙂

IMHO, it’s bad form to park up in a lay-by if there’s an official campsite nearby and you’re just too mean to avoid the site fees.

If there are any you are specifically interested in, mention them on here and I’m sure you’ll get some feedback.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Thank you, next pint’s on me

😯 I’m not saying anything (just waiting for the video link)

dovebiker

Knockvologan on Mull – been their twice – once on honeymoon and 25 years later, in 2014. On both occasions it was 30 degrees! Get their early and you’ll only have the cows and seals for company – paddle in the shallows and feel the flounders under your toes

ton

Kiloran bay on colonsay and Machir bay on islay take some beating.
    both would be fine for sleeping under a bit of plastic sheeting…… 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers, new thread started here
    New Thread here

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Please help me find…’ is closed to new replies.