Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Please help – fitting goodridge hoses to 08 XT brakes
  • singlespud
    Free Member

I'm trying to fit goodridge hoses to my 08 XT brakes using the 104 Kit. No instructions supplied with stuff from CRC and PDF on Goodridge website is confusing to me anyway. I've cut 11mm off the outer coating and pushed on the collars. Now I'm left with three pieces of the connector kit. Does the caliper end have just the one piece that screws into the core of the hose and then into the caliper whilst the lever end has the two additional pieces? In what order should I be attaching things? Can't quite get my head around how if one end is 'fixed' (as per the XT hose I've taken off) how the other end goes on without just twisting the hose up.

Any advice on steps taken greatly appreciated or links to pictures I can follow. Google doesn't come up with much.

timbur
    Free Member

On the earlier shimano stuff there was a banjo on the caliper end. Is that still the case? If so it's fairly simple to do. There's a staight connector for the levers and a banjo at the other end.

Tim

timbur
    Free Member

Looks like a straight connector at the caliper end now as well so I've not played with them yet.

timbur
    Free Member

Oh, you've got to fit the fittings to the hose off the bike and then fit the lever and calipers off the bike as well. That way you fit the complete brake, lever and hose to the bike rather than trying to fit it with the caliper and lever in situ. Make sense?

singlespud
    Free Member

Timbur, thankyou that makes a lot more sense. Don't know why I didn't think of that, d'oh. I'll give it a try.

Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Last two kits I've fitted, the instruccions said NOT to cut back the outer.

As for twisting the hoses;

1/ remove the lever from the bars before screwing in the connector, then re-fit.

2/ undo the "inner" part of the connector just enough to tidy up the angle the hose leaves at.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Please help – fitting goodridge hoses to 08 XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.