Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Please help – Crayon stuck up nose
  • scuttler

pistonbroke – Member
    Shame it’s not a peanut as the solution is to pour chocolate up the nose and it comes out a treat. I’m here all week. Hope you sort it out.

Proppalol (no that’s not a medical or chemical treatment for OP’s problem)

Stoner
    Free Member

“ah the old Crayola Oblongata”

bigyinn
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Anyone else laughing at the irony of Johndoh’s post, he who can’t take a shit without asking on here?
    You’re a bad mod Mr Drac! Very baaaaaad.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wow. Just wow.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

This is a good place to consider what kind of parent you might want to be going forwards. My Mum chose the approach which stood her in good stead throughout those troubled years of childhood, youth, young adulthood by simply putting her head in the sand and refusing to believe there was a dried pea up my nostril. It came out on its own some days later. Me, bitter?

Saccades
    Free Member

Missus and nipper got back at 3am this morning (so 3 hour wait mid-week).

Doctor had a good look around with an endoscope and whilst they could find blue crayon colour right up his nose and a lot of bruising etc the actual lump of crayon has not been discovered. So it either fell out at some point during the day or he swallowed it.

He thanked the staff for their time though when they had done (missus apologised as she felt she had wasted their time).

@Aracer:

In Ireland you pay for everything unless you have a medical card (very low income/unemployed and only if your medical bills are over 200 a month I think). Normally a bill arrives through the post a few days after treatment – generally 100quid or so for simple stuff. 1 day on a drip and several blood tests cost 1200 quid. Last year my nipper was in Isolation for 3 days with a bug and it cost just shy of 5K.

I have private medical insurance (3800 a year for a family of 4) set up for hospital trips/big expensive stuff (a trip to the doctors is 60 quid, I get 20 quid back) but I still have to pay 10% and then 50% of each consultants fees (recent MRI on my hip cost me nearly 300 after all bits that were covered were paid).

So the options are kinda along these lines.

Regular doctors = 60 quid, normally fairly quick
    Out of hours surgery is 60 quid and upto 3-4 hours wait depending on how busy (they cover a massive area so always pretty busy)
    Private A+E – 125 entrance fee (covered by my insurance), then 125 fee for work, 70 quid per xray, 50 quid for casts. They only take the relatively easy/quick stuff but have very fast turn around/low waiting time. 50 mins drive away.
    Regular A+E – 50-60 mins drive away, huge waiting times (massively understaffed and triage means non-priority wait forever)

Oh, there is a bit where if you are referred to the A+E by a regular doctor you get to skip a chunk of the fees – but not the queue. Oh and you ALL pay the cost of the medicine, no capped fee.

As for the kind of parent I am – I’d like to think one that takes appropriate action for whatever is going on. A non-distressed kid with some non-toxic crayon up his nose didn’t appear to be panic level 1, but I thought I’d check on a place with a majority of sensible, level headed people who would answer with a mix of sensible replies and some pisstakes.

bencooper
    Free Member

My aunt, when she was three, got a pea stuck up her nose. No-one noticed until she started to smell a bit funky.

Still gets teased about it 60 years later, so you’ve got a lifetime’s worth of material there.

retro83
    Free Member

Saccades – Member

I thought I’d check on a place with a majority of sensible, level headed people

…and then for shits and giggles you asked on here?

perchypanther
    Free Member

they could find blue crayon colour right up his nose

Not green. Is disappoint.

DrP

put his head in boiling water.
    It’ll melt the wax and it’ll just pour out.

£20 please.

DrP

Saccades
    Free Member

Thought you were NHS DrP? you want me to bribe you? 😉

Sorry Perchypanther – although he proudly told the nurse it was “illuminous blue”

He was sticking the twistable (a crayon inside a plastic pen type thing) as far up his nose as possible to show off to a girl, when the delicate inner bit snapped off.

I’ve bollocked him before now for sticking a pen in his ear, at the same time warned him off plug sockets and his nose but it appears he has only remembered about plugs and ears.

This is the same barnpot that stuck his toothbrush into his eye (covered in toothpaste) and has managed to cut his chin quite badly with lego.

I feel the teenage years could be long and fraught.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Please help – Crayon stuck up nose’ is closed to new replies.