Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Please help. An ultra cyclist nerd needs your help!
  • forexpipz
    Free Member

So its seems that we are severely limited to monstercross options on an epic scale!

So far I’ve identified:

Fargo. Heavy tubeset. Good for big loads. Not much else. 2.4 tyre clearance. Expensive import.

Shand Drove. Expensive. Just because your British dont mean your better than the Taiwense! 2.4 tyre clearance. Nice bikes btw.

Singular Swift (Gryphon Gone!) Perfect but will its counterpart the new swift work as a drop bar world tourer for epic big mileage? If it does you have an almost perfect bike with most options covered. Love Sam’s work.

I want SSable droputs damit for Rohloff of Alfine of SS.

And if Rob at English Cycles is listening. You Sir are way ahead of the curve and have been ahead of the curve for a long time.

If only Genesis made the Vegabond with bigger tyres in mind and SSable. They would have absolutely nailed cornered the market. You need me on your books. I know my stuff.

Whilst I may be niche mongering. I want some input.

Oh and finally. Salsa cutthroat. Why not SS dropoout it and have it chinese made for the UK market. What the hell are you thinking Salsa? Again you need me on the books.

People love domestic made. People love domestic designed. But most of all people love both of the above that is made in China or Taiwan to the QC we all love and price we adore.

Come on!

Sort it out.

njee20
    Free Member

y ahead of the curve and have been ahead of the curve for a long time

Buy an English? Not cheap obviously.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Sorry. Forgot the Stooge V2.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

So you want a cheap, mass produced bike that only suits you and a few other people.

Spend loads or compromise.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I’m skeptical if his surname is acutally English or its a marketing strategy. Either way his design and craftmenship is on Epic proporions.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So you want a cheap, mass produced bike that only suits you and a few other people.

Spend loads or compromise.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Nail/head.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure its his real name and he is english, there was an article on him in dirtbag a few years ago.

Agree very nice. He did a lovely hardtail with integrated seat post.

forexpipz
    Free Member

An extra $10 for a better dropout or bb shell. Is it too much to ask?

forexpipz
    Free Member

But there is a market for this in the UK. If Genesis had gone for larger volume and SS options at a £350 – £400 price point then they would have surly nailed it? No pun.

Am I wrong?

The Fargo retails in at almost £900 for what is essentially hyped tubesets. If on-one can do the inbred for peanuts it doesn’t take a genius to work out there is a lot to be gained here.

It might be niche but not that niche. Genesis have a production of Vegabonds this year that im my oppinion almost hit the mark. They even put the tour divde tyre hype as stock even though most tour dividers are going larger.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But there is a market for this in the UK

Yes. There is. It’s a small one. Very small.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My singular swift from back in 2010ish

Steel frame, 2.4’s drop bars, campag,

Fsa Double

Brooks Saddle.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Wrong colour.

Sam should get me on the books i know my stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Monster crosss.

Is that still a thing ?

mick_r

Make your own? £400 buys a lot of tubes.

ontor
    Free Member

Karate monkey works…

remoterob
    Free Member

It’s always difficult when you want things that you aren’t prepared to pay for.

timraven

Monster cross was a thing? I’m so outta the loop nobody needs me on their books. I just like to pedal, no niche required.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Kona Sutra LTD?

For me it’s that or getting manly with the credit card and spunking for a Drove. I’m not an ultra-cyclist, I just like the look of these bikes.

You wouldn’t want me on your books, trust me. I’m an idiot.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Kona Humu, Midge bar and a set of Hylex hydraulics ftw?

Wait for PX do release another Frankenfat into the wild?

Sam

Would have thought the new Swift should have you covered?

njee20
    Free Member

I’m skeptical if his surname is acutally English or its a marketing strategy. Either way his design and craftmenship is on Epic proporions.

It is, he’s a bloody good rider, used to ride Gorrick events over here 15 years ago. Agree his bikes are stunning. Was sorely tempted by a road bike, but couldn’t justify it!

DrP

Would have thought the new Swift should have you covered.

Peh…what would you know….
    You need him on your books…

DrP

joshvegas
    Free Member

And its still the wrong shade of blue.

go back and upon what you did Sam

Sam

joshvegas – Member
    And its still the wrong shade of blue.
    go back and upon what you did Sam

Sorry? Wrong according to who? Not sure I understand the second sentence at all.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sorry sam look further up at previous comments metely a poke at the OPs long list of requirements.

Nothing wrong with the colour at all!

As for the second sentence “go back and think upon what you did Sam

jmatlock
    Free Member

The Open U.P is maybe the most beautiful bike I have seen in a while.

MrTall
    Free Member

Love my 1st gen Fargo. My favourite bike, pretty heavy (especially in my XXL) but by far the most comfortable bike I’ve ever owned. The 2.35″ big apples do help with that though.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Mr Tall, do you have suspension on yours?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

what actually is a “ultra cyclist”?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

An ultra cyclist has a Premium subscription.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Please help. An ultra cyclist nerd needs your help!’ is closed to new replies.