Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Please Gratify My Need For Social Approval (New Bike Photos!)
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I think Brakes looks like a person having a good time on his bike. If he was dressed like that at a serious social function I’d be damnright unimpressed. I don’t care what TJ thinks. maybe he forgot an emoticon, oh dear! anyway. Nice bike

juiced
    Free Member

all looks well proportioned to me. Function over form TJ.It’s the way imho engineering / functional design should be :lol:.

Kevevs
    Free Member

R_I_D, you’re bike has gone through some stringent STW online tests here and has come up trumps. Good. I hope you like it.

I love my 08 vertex btw 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

plus rm bikes are always a joy to look at.like many things in canada they are beautiful.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

One word – 29er 😉

Marmoset
    Free Member

Looks good – I have a couple of Rocky’s that size and one’s got a 90mm stem on it, the other’s got a stock 110mm stem on it. The stock setup is definitely best IMHO. Enjoy riding it, they ride like nothing else IME 😀

brakes
    Free Member

thanks TJ, you’re right, I asked for that 😀

sorry for the hijack roadie_in_denial, your bike looks good for an XL one, even with the spoiler 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

er,

STEM!

it’s probably great for riding up stuff, which is of course fine and wonderful.

you’re a catholic aren’t you?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. I think this is actually the longest thread I’ve ever started, so thanks for all that! Hadn’t realised that MudGuards were such a controversial topic, especially in winter!

Take care all and I’ll see you down the road.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. I think this is actually the longest thread I’ve ever started, so thanks for all that! Hadn’t realised that MudGuards were such a controversial topic, especially in winter!

Take care all and I’ll see you down the road.

13thfloormonk

Whats this obsession with super-short stems?

If you want to ride fast, flowing descents, and can handle a bike, then maybe 50mm stems aren’t where its at, I don’t want a bike that handles like its got ADHD anyway thanks…

Nice rocky mountain b.t.w!

nickc

Well what do you all think?

Says the OP, so he’s asking for people’s opinion on how his bike looks not how well do you think my bike functions…

So, with that in mind: Mudguards; they look a bit rubbish, and they detract from the overall “rightness” of an otherwise nice looking hardtail.

markrh
    Free Member

Am i alone in liking the mudguards?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

No…I like them. They stop me getting a wet arse. 🙂

As for the detailed analysis of what my original post meant…actually it was a very open ended question so feel free to comment on anything from aesthetics to functionality to the absence of a wheel stand to hold the bike upright.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Please Gratify My Need For Social Approval (New Bike Photos!)’ is closed to new replies.