Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Please can I borrow an exercise bike – Southampton area for 2-3 months?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Has anyone got an exercise bike I can borrow for the wife for 2 – 3 months.

She has had a knee operation and needs to use the bike to maintain maximum knee flexibility.

She will not be using ir for exercise but will have the saddle really low so when she pedals her knees bend to 110-120 degrees.

She should be coming out of hospital tomorrow or Friday so it would be ideal to have it set up on her return.

I am happy to collect, deliver back and pay beer tokens of something similar.

All help appreciated

superfli
    Free Member

Welcome to borrow or spin bike. Waterlooville area. I’m away from Sat afternoon on hols though, so be quick! Pm me

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Offer gratefully accepted. I have emailed you. I can collect tomorrow afternoon / evening at a time to suit you

Thanks Sir

scaredypants

That offer is likely much better, but I could lend you a turbo – assume she has a bike that could go on it

(can drop it to your house sometime tomorrow if you still live near the general)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That is fine Scardypants – We really want an exercise bike so she can drop the saddle, remain stable and peddle slowly. It is all about bending her knees in a repeated and shock free manner. I think a turbo would require her to peddle fast enough to stay vertical which isn’t the aim.

Thanks for the offer though

scaredypants

No worries

(FWIW, the turbo holds the back wheel at the axle and it’s legs are about 2ft apart – you’d have to try pretty hard to make it tip at all)

Edit: Thinking about it though, mine doesn’t have adjustable resistance so would depend on the gearing her bike has to keep the load on her knee low enough

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Please can I borrow an exercise bike – Southampton area for 2-3 months?’ is closed to new replies.