Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Please be my friend…
  • Mackem

anyone fancy taking me for a ride in the cheviots/borders area around the new year?

Drac

But your a Mackem.

Don't have any rides planned around then as working most of it but if I do I'll try to remember to get in touch.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Eh? A mackem?? Givower man, ya heed tha baall.

Only kidding kidda.
    Why the Cheviots/Borders? Dales is better-rer.

Mackem

Why there? Memory from a long time ago it seems wilder and I fancy getting to place where I feel exposed.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know where your'e coming from (Sunland, ha ha!)but my memories of the Cheviots are of bloody boring, rolling, grassy, energy sapping, soggy hills. I still have nightmares about the Salters Road, boggy all year round. Did loads up there when I first started riding but then found a magical place called 'Reeth'.
    Try it, you'll like it.

If you want to feel proper exposed you need to go to The Highlands.

Mackem

fair enough, if you fancy someone tagging along, it's yeas since i've lived oop north so my memories are a bit hazy and i've turned into a soft shandy drinking poof. (some of this may or may not be true)

BillyBull
    Free Member

It is grassy and boring. You could try around Blanchland. Or trail centres at Kielder and Hamsterley if change your mind and want man made. Try http://www.midaircrisis.co.uk Their mackem land resident is away so they need a replacement.

Drac

Grassy and boring? Must be different Cheviots that I've explored for the last 30 years.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Grassy and boring? Must be different Cheviots that I've explored for the last 30 years
    I used to ride around Alwinton, (over the border to Hownam & back via Clennel St for example), Ingram Valley, Simonside etc. Windy Gyle's aptly named IIRC!
    All right, it's ok, but not a patch on the Dales IMO.

Drac

I wouldn't call it boring though, I've not ridden the Dales but it does look very good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Please be my friend…’ is closed to new replies.