Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Playstation 4, the madness!
  • twoniner
    Free Member

I’m not into games consoles and the only reason I was looking at them is because the missus wants one.

They are sold out all over so I looked on eBay, I saw 2 of them sell last night for mental amounts. One went for £620 and the other for £670.

The one that went for £620, the seller didn’t even have it in their hands to sell, stated in the description that it was on it’s way to him but someone still paid that amount for it!

I suppose some will pay owt to be one of the first.

Drac

Yup always those who are willing to take advantage too.

Shopto are taking orders for a new delivery.

sandwicheater

Wish I’d ordered a couple to sell on ebay. Could have earned enough for a new bike!

olddog

Supply and demand innit!

That economic principle aside, businesses design product strategies around this. Early adopters are always prepared to pay more and they also tend to evangelise on behalf of the product – in the internet age that is valuable. The downside is that they are really vocally po’d if it is not up to standard (see reporting on some of the tech issues with XB one and PS4).

BTW I don’t judge – eight years ago me and a friend were driving around Leeds at midnight looking for anywhere that had launch day xbox 360s (the shame…)

Cougar

Crackers. Shops will be ankle deep in them in a fortnight.

olddog

… Cougar – true, and then they will sell like crazy as everyone will (a) be worried that they will run out again and their kid will miss out for Christmas and (b) two weeks of feverish anticipation overpowering any residual doubts of spending £300/£400

khani
    Free Member

Crackers. Shops will be ankle deep in them in a fortnight.

This ^^^ they’re paying to play for a week or two before anyone else then the extra money is dead and gone..

Cougar

It was ever thus. People have short memories.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Someone out there must of bought Royal Mail shares, invested in Bitcoin, flogged some PS4s then have been able to afford a house in London for which the appreciation would mean they wouldn’t need to work (or something daft)…

Everything is mental 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Most places are stating post-Christmas delivery for all orders placed recently.

grum
    Free Member

Just about to buy a PS3. 🙂

bigdean

Just about to buy a PS3.

Thinking the same this morning. Theve finally dropped to an acceptable price.

Daffy

Game still had PS4s in stock this morning…

njee20
    Free Member

Just come across my PS2 in the loft, tempted to fire that up! Bit of Burnout Takedown!

mashiehood
    Free Member

haha – cleared out the storage cupboard last week and found my ps2 – mario karts is ace 😀

grum
    Free Member

Thinking the same this morning. Theve finally dropped to an acceptable price.

Been offered a 160 gig one with GTA V and a couple of other games for £80 – seems reasonable.

Daffy

mashiehood – Member
    haha – cleared out the storage cupboard last week and found my ps2 – mario karts is ace

How’d you manage that, then? Mario was never released on any Sony platform….

iolo
    Free Member

However Mario Kart on NES is the best game past,present and future ever made.
    You plus a few mates racing. Perfect.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

there seems to be a lot of people on Facebook posting pics of them that they’ve bought for their kids xmas – pics that their kids can see

Whatever happened to the surprise of opening your presents on xmas day?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Just try local argos me and the bro went into town yesterday and picked up two killzone packs?? And theyre showing stock for pickup online too. Even cex paying an extra £150 on instore trade ins!!! Dont know why as you can just walk in a shop and buy them???

RoterStern
    Free Member

Is it time to upgrade my Sega Megadrive?

Drac

2 days delivery for Killzone pack at Argos as mentioned above none in store near me.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/argos-reserve-ps4

the_lecht_rocks

Will I be able to get a machine in a store before Xmas ?

Drac

Possibly but probably very slim chance.

nealglover
    Free Member

mashiehood – Member
    haha – cleared out the storage cupboard last week and found my ps2 – mario karts is ace
    …..
    How’d you manage that, then? Mario was never released on any Sony platform….

Oops. 😳

:mrgreen:

Smudger666

Got my x-bone last week, was in a lobby in ghosts listening to two guys enjoying playing thighs but discussing the ways to rewrap them for the kids at Xmas!

mashiehood
    Free Member

Oops indeed – I was playing (briefly) nitro karts not mario (the 16 month old found it very amusing)

grum
    Free Member

Got my x-bone last week, was in a lobby in ghosts listening to two guys enjoying playing thighs

😯

bearnecessities

What happened to that advert on here for one a couple of days ago? Guy was getting slated for asking just an extra £50 over RRP, and that was delivered.

Was it pulled because he wasn’t in possession of it, or because the ad was getting trashed?

spidersexual
    Free Member

Same with the xbox one, some barstewards who make my piss boil have supposedly 15 or so instock and actually think they’ll get 800 odd english pounds and that only is to include a code for one game fifa 14 which I downloaded for free on my iphone ffs.

It simply does not add up.
    It should not be allowed that bulk buyers do this.

Sold my 360 a good few years ago and fancy a play on Ryse, watchdogs and Tom Clancy’s new game as I am a real fan of that line of games.

Oh well, I’ll just have to wait till the year 2020 when the next one is released and hopefully by then, they’ll have figured a way in which a console can initiate and have intercourse with me.
    😛

Gachet
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    However Mario Kart on NES is the best game past,present and future ever made.
    You plus a few mates racing. Perfect.

The first version of Mario Kart was on the SNES/Super Famicom not NES, plus it was only two player.

Gachet
    Free Member

They are sold out all over so I looked on eBay, I saw 2 of them sell last night for mental amounts. One went for £620 and the other for £670.

I remember seeing the PS1 days after it came out in Japan on demo in Advanced Console Entertainment in Great Portland Street, it was only £650 with Ridge Racer! That was 19 years ago, so crazy prices for early adopters are nothing new, but back then you might have wait as long as a year for a UK release, rather than a few weeks these days.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Two ps4 killzone packs just sold for 650 each on a local fb game page : p

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Playstation 4, the madness!’ is closed to new replies.