Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • play/movement in rockshox race recons ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Anyone know whats wrong with my recons ?? .. it feels like a loose headset, but everything is locked down tight with headset/spacers/stem etc … if you rock the bike back and forth with your hand on the stantions , you can feel them move a few millimetres , before they start to work ?? The bikes done less than 100 miles and i`ve only ridden it 4 or 5 times …
    Will storing the bike upside down have anything to do with this ??
    Also should you be able to pull the rebound adjuster off the bottom of the leg ,as mine seems quite loose ??

thanks in advance

coatesy
    Free Member

Are we talking free movement up and down, or back and fore? Some of these forks had faulty cartridges(usually oil leaking from the lower leg)and if they lose oil then you may have a small movement before the damper starts working.
    Either way, if they’re that new they should be covered by warranty, and yes, the adjusters do sometimes fall off. Set it up, and stick it in your riding pack.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Hi coatesy … thanks, yes to free movement up and down of the forks before the damper starts working …. does sound like it leaked oil some where , which is why i`m feeling movement …
    Will get in touch with the shop where i had them from to sort it out
    Thanks tony

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘play/movement in rockshox race recons ?’ is closed to new replies.