Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Playlists when you're riding – whats your most embarrassing track?
  • bullheart
    Free Member

Just made myself laugh out loud when going through a couple of my motivational cycling playlists on my Nano. Tons of Stone Temple Pilots, Orbital, NFG, AC/DC etc. And then;

We Close Our Eyes – Go West!!!!!!!

So what's your most cringe-worthy motivational track?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not sure about cringe-worthy but i nearly killed myself to AC/DC!

Did a nice loop around Hebden then had a couple of pints in the bottom shoulder. Then decided to ride home instead of getting the train, got the White House pub & thought i deserved another one 🙂
    Nice, fast, gravelly track downhill from there – you can get a fair amount of speed up…

…Turns on the mp3 sunglasses and belted down the hill to 'Highway to Hell' and almost bolloxed up the turn, skidded through two strategically placed boulders at over 30mph with about an inch to spare & sliding speedway style!

Soon sobered up.

knottie8
    Free Member

Andrew gold , never let her slip away.

Abba , dancing queen.

various Burt Bacharach tracks.

A couple of Rick Astley tracks too.

(must clear out that old stuff off the mp3 player).

Talkemada
    Free Member

Breakaway!!!

I'm not embarassed about it though. What are you trying to say? Eh? EH??? 👿

Cahm on! You want some???

Not this time Gal….

scaredypants

mine has a little section on it of stuff for my girls* to listen to in the car

when I'm listening myself I just put it all on shuffle – nightmare sometimes (though I do know all the Hannah Montana lyrics if anyone's in need of help there)

* no, girls – I'm not a pimp

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Scatman by Scatman John

Ace track. Makes me smile everytime it comes on

wheelz
    Free Member

I have been known to listen to "Land of Hope and Glory" at max volume on rides. Does this count?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I do recall Bachmann-Turner Overdrive's 'Ain't seen Nothing Yet' popping up last Sunday on a ride…. 😳

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I used to listen to Enya whilst nightriding. Very creepy

trail_rat
    Free Member

been known to listen to girls aloud on 24s ….of course its just because i plugged in ipod into a shared itunes library and said "random fill please" 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

I've also got 'Cherish' by Madonna!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I don't listen to music when riding. can't concentrate on the music 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

I do recall Bachmann-Turner Overdrive's 'Ain't seen Nothing Yet' popping up last Sunday on a ride

One of me all-time favourite hit records of all time, mate!

Let's rock!

sockpuppet

florence and the machine: the girl with one eye

it's not embarrassing until you try to sing along…

john_drummer
    Free Member

my singing voice is so bad, I can actually keep in tune with F&TM 😉

NZCol

I gave one of my staff a lift back form Palmy on Tuesday. I was being mr flash and had taken my 911 for the fun drive. Hopped in on the way back, fired up the iPod to be greeted with …. vanilla ice. W T F. Its the wifes iPod it turns out and she had some dubious 80s compilation on there. What little street cred i had disappeared instantly.

ride of the valkeries! Dan da da dan dah!

roper
    Free Member

Some of my most embarressing songs (to my friends) I like a lot and have
    done for years, anyway

in no particular order
    Nass el ghiwane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRelz9RSDw
    Earth Wind and Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjxdmsXzwmQ
    Twiggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBHZOM4mx0
    Edith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKgcKYTStM

user-removed
    Free Member

There's a track on mine called, "Oh Mama". It's the very worst kind of slushy, sentimental, cod-bluegrass, country crap and I've no idea who it is or where it came from – all layered Irish whistles, bad harmonising and lyrics about a dying Civil War soldier coming home to his mum.

It invariably pops up whilst at speed downhill – all I can do is seethe until I hit the flat and am finally able to pull the headphones from my dirty, invaded ears.

GW
    Free Member

frrrrroooommmm Paris to Berlin in every disco I get in.. ma heart is pumpin for love, pumpin for love.

Talkemada
    Free Member

fired up the iPod to be greeted with …. vanilla ice

Ah, the shittest Hip-Hop tune ever. Now re-popularised by that shitty **** Halifax ad.

Those new Halifax 'radio station' ads make me want to blow up a branch, not open an account. The 'Oward ads become Great Art, by comparison…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I don't listen to music when I ride, but for some reason my brain has it's own internal cheesy music jukebox. It generally fires up when I am a little bit tired and climbing up a hill, and I end up with something awful stuck in my head. Saturday's ride was Billy Ray Cyrus's 'classic', Achy Breaky Heart. Take That featured recently too, I have no idea what it was, but the chorus was on an endless loop for far too long.

It's bizarre. I never seem to get anything vaguely resembling music I would own, so would only ever have heard the songs on the radio, but the lyrics and melody remain largely intact – especially stuff from the '80s.

Talkemada – I am with you on those Halifax ads. Makes me want to set fire to my TV and sling it through the window of the nearest branch.

binners

Dolly Parton – Joleen joleen joleen JOOOOOOLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

binners

And those bloody halifax ads make me want to gouge out my own eyes and hurl them into another dimension

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I am sailing

certainly wouldnt let anybody know I had it on at the time but do enjoy it when its on

SST
    Free Member

Mine currently goes from "AC-DC – Givin' The Dog A Bone" to "Opus – Life Is Live" . . . with "Eminem – 'Till I Collapse" somewhere in the middle.

I have my MP3 player on "single song repeat" – i just jog it on when I want a new song, but I've been know to listen to the same song for an hour.

🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

Pet Shop Boys – West End Girls
    Ace Of Base – I saw the sign
    Billy Ocean – Caribbean Queen

I wont go on!

nickc

My internal jukebox will fire up some pretty rare old tunes. I was singing along to Acceptable in the 80's the other day. How the others on the ride enjoyed it…

Talkemada
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Dolly Parton – Joleen joleen joleen JOOOOOOLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

Now we're talking…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Actually Max Boyce & Asso Asso Yogoshi, singing that & coming round a corner to see two walkers …doh!

molgrips
    Free Member

Who did that song that went 'Joleen, Joleen Jolee AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH F*******CK OOOOOOOOOOOOFF!!!!!'?

DaRC_L

that'll be Dolly Parton

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Playlists when you're riding – whats your most embarrassing track?’ is closed to new replies.