Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Playing out in the street. It's the future!
  • tinsy
    Free Member

I got home last night with some ramps for Tiny Tinsy (red shorts) he happened to be outside with mum so the playing began as soon as I got the ramps put together, within 10 mins we had young William from over the road join in, even brought of ramp of his own.

I wish our road was quieter though, having been brought up in cul de sac’s myself it is safer. Ever noticed how council estates at least older ones are built to promote playing outside? I think a lot of that kind of planning is missing these days.

miketually
    Free Member

In the Good Old Days, those planks would have been made from some bricks and a plank that they found in your garage 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

And they’d have failed horribly causing terrible injuries. The evidence is all over Youtube.. and is worth a watch 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

And they’d have failed horribly causing terrible injuries. The evidence is all over Youtube.. and is worth a watch

That’s what they were for! 🙂

brassneck

Get rid of those cars Tinsy and you’d get a mini ramp in there 🙂

GrahamS

particularly in the context of a certain government minister

Did you hear him get a special mention in the Commons cycling debate last night?

Ben Bradshaw (Exeter) (Lab): ..If they [the gov] are serious about cycling, why are they allowing the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to make the ludicrous suggestion that vehicles should enjoy a free-for-all by parking on double yellow lines, without even mentioning the impact that that would have on cyclists, pedestrians and road safety? The Secretary of State went on to say that the only people who were bothered about cycling were the “elite”.

I do not know whether his animus towards cycling is a result of some deep Freudian consciousness that he is probably the Cabinet member who would benefit the most from cycling’s health-giving and girth-narrowing magic, but his comments are signally unhelpful and they should not go unchallenged if the Government are really serious about cycling.

terrahawk
    Free Member

jesus. is this still going?
    not bad for a thread about kids playing out, hijacked by the anti-car taliban :-0

mattjg
    Free Member

tinytinsy’s actually part of the problem – there’s his car parked right next to his dad’s

binners

Its even graduated onto debate about Mr Creosote’s ample girth! 😯

ormondroyd
    Free Member

not bad for a thread about kids playing out, hijacked by the anti-car taliban

Erm. The two things are surely completely intertwined?

I was thinking yesterday about what a really good opportunity your play-out day must have been to show people the “here’s what you could have won”.

But it’s damn difficult to make that the reality on anything but a “special event” basis while the car is absolute king, isn’t it?

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Playing out in the street. It's the future!’ is closed to new replies.