Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Playing hard to get
  • Conor
    Free Member

*pathetic relationship thread of the night no 2*

Why do women do it? What’s the sense in it??!! If I like a girl, I get on with it. I know she likes me (how could she resist?), what’s her point? She’s just pissing me off!!! Ultimately, will be her loss.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anyone who plays “hard to get” is not worth chasing IMO

rOcKeTdOg

move on, why waste time with ditherers?

imagine what sh’ll be like 6 months from now, nightmare!

NZCol

Oh dear, Fri night – tick, lateish – tick. You been in the sock droawer having a frustrated one ?

Set free, hard to get often means doesn;t get.

sharki
    Free Member

Some things are worth the wait……

…Are you?? and is she???

sodafarls
    Free Member

Wise the bap.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I once met a girl, she was gorgeous, funny, clever, opinionated, fun and did I mention she was gorgeous? Faaar to good looking to be with the likes of me.

All the guys in my social circle told me not to waste my time with her – that she was just a prick tease, that she got off on leading men on and nothing more. I decided to give it a shot anyway, I rolled out my dry/sarcastic wit and tried to pretend to be thoroughly unimpressed with her. It worked, she fell for it hook line and sinker. Eventually. After a prolonged period of being uninterested .

We had what some people might call a world wind romance. I cannot over emphasise how amazing she was in bed, nor can I over emphasise how much I enjoyed being with her ( for more than that reason). Ultimately things didnt work out for geographical reasons – 3000 miles will do that.

Point being, she played incredibly hard to get – but was worth it in the long run. Sooo worth it. Infact I sometimes wish I hadnt bothered because she puts almost every other woman I’ve met in the shade.

If you think this woman is potentially a good match for you then give her time – it might level the playing field though if you show a level of cheeky wit or even disinterest. If you can hit the right tone, women may welll find you kind of sort of irresistible. Assuming you have a full compliment of human features.

mboy
    Free Member

Why do women do it? What’s the sense in it??!!

Herein lies your problem mate, you’re trying to understand women! GIVE UP NOW before you tear all your hair out as you’ll never succeed!

FWIW, it’s probably part of the “socially accepted norm” where it’s expected for a man to make all the moves and do all the chasing. Problem is that most people still buy this crap! Fortunate to say that I’ve experienced relationships in the past where my then GF’s were not constrained by these conventional thoughts, and I was in fact asked out by one of them, not the other way round! Sadly though, girls like that are few and far between… Good luck though, you may find one some day. I hope to again!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(how could she resist?), what’s her point? She’s just pissing me off!!!

how could she resist pissing you off? you’re asking for it :o)

aleigh
    Free Member

Conor – move on mate 😆

Drac

Maybe she doesn’t like you that way and if she does **** her off for pissing you about.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Anyone who plays “hard to get” is not worth chasing IMO

Yup, the easy ones are where the money is!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I always play hard to get; got to show that I’m not a slut. If they respect me, then they’ll wait.

Never seem to get anywhere. Can’t think why not… 🙁

tankslapper
    Free Member

Conor

Remember to say it with flowers………………. **** Off!

Bunnyhop

These are games, when you get to a certain age they’re tiresome and immature.

If she’s worth it stick around as long as you can bare it. If not, walk away, life is too short.

Who does she think she is anyway.

alwyn
    Free Member

Maybe she doesn’t like you.

Smee
    Free Member

You lot need to learn – being a disinterested bastard is the only way forward in this case. Try an pull her best mate – that works too.

Conor
    Free Member

Not really interested in her… goes back to Soma_rich’s post actually. Wanted to see the girl and have the traditional third date to decide what to do!! It’s the least a person deserves IMHO. Now I know. My love life is so confusing at the mo it’s scary. From a 9 month drought to all this shit. Swings and round abouts… I’m not that experienced when it comes to relations ships but even I know that all this messing about just makes one look stupid. IF all people where honest…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

what’s her point?

Probably, that she’s not sure.

Liking someone and, wanting to have a relationship with them, isn’t necessarily the same thing.

Conor
    Free Member

This weirdo is now gone. She was seeing soembody else. I seem to attract strange women with issues. BUT.. I’ve have met the most wonderful woman now anyway so it’s all good 🙂 I just have to not cack it up…

samuri
    Free Member

I used to really enjoy the chasing around myself. Obviously it can go too far but the challenge of wooing someone who was making things a bit harder than normal was great fun. As bunnyhop says though, once you get to a certain point you’re happier dealing with someone who lets you know where you stand and vica versa. It’s why I married an older woman in the end.

(She’s still completely crackers though) – my wife, I have no idea how bonkers bunnyhop is.

sharki
    Free Member

Friendship first……….. then make it a relationship, it’s a tricky one……lots of people myself included can fall straight into a relationship before any attempt at being great friends is made and established.

It’s rare to find someone who you fancy and can get on with so well.. and for them to feel the same way back..someone you can loose hrs in talking rubbish with them, mess about as mates and then sleep with each other…a bit like trying bikes, there’s many out there but unless you demo some you may never find the perfect one for you, but unlike bikes, women have feelings too and they need to feel the same way about you, if not…it’s not meant to be and life goes on.

Stop putting pressure on yourself to find ‘THE ONE’ chances are she/he’ll come along when you least expect it, when you’re relaxed happy and having fun just being you.

So get out there and get demo’ing… take em out, thrash em hard, if it all feels a little wrong, chances are is it and you need to try another!

Having said all that, with a failed marriage, very few relationships and shonky singlespeed what do i know.

I’ve demo’d a lot and and right now i’m happy with what i’m riding.

BTW, all women have issues and so believe it or not do us men it’s how you deal with them that matters.

Just enjoy the ride, don’t waste time…. lifes too short!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have come to the regrettable conclusion that women to do “play” hard to get around me, it is just that they are hard to get. I suspect this has something to do with me being a loser 🙂

noteeth
    Free Member

I find it hard to get. 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Hard to get”??? What’s that then? It’s always been too easy for me..even with the ones everybody else said were “hard to get”…always put it up on a plate for me. Maybe someday I’ll know how it feels.

theflatboy
    Free Member

We had what some people might call a world wind romance.

i would be surprised if anyone else were to call it that, to be honest.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

keep chasing her but find someone else at the same time then if shes an arse go to the other one , if she knows someone else is interested in you, you become a better catch, bit like when your in a relationship more women fancy you. also keeps the ego up and doubles the chance of getting paid. oh an treat her lik sh1t some women seem to love this

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hard to get? hmmmmmm

last date i went on was a blind date someone set me up on.

Housemates got a bit worried when i didnt make it back home for 4 days, they i turned up, picked up clean underwear, slept for 24 hours then went out again 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its over and gone folks, this thread ended many moons ago 🙂

ski
    Free Member

You could always try this method:

NWS (language)

being a jerk – chatup lines

😉

Nick

I once asked this burd why she was playing hard to get and suggested that it would be a hell of a lot easier to just get on with it and have a shag, she agreed.

Bunnyhop

Waves to Samuri.
    No I’m not bonkers, infact a bit staid, prim and proper.
    But I did marry a younger chap. I think I’ll start a thread on this.

Conor- Really pleased for you. 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

rohypnol…? then you’d find out if she was worth it……

oh, gnargnar, it’s whirl wind, not world wind.

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m a flirt and just pull. Go enjoy yourself.

woodsman
    Free Member

One angle – the one’s that play hard to get are probably the one’s getting more opportunities.

if you’re reading this you know what I mean!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Walk up to her, look in the eye(s) and say:

“I’m falling in love with you, but you seem to be playing hard to get. Kiss me now or it’s over before it begins”

Either way, you get to move on.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its over guys, read the thread – let it die, for the love of all things hewn from billet alloy.

Conor
    Free Member

No I’m not bonkers, infact a bit staid, prim and proper.
    But I did marry a younger chap. I think I’ll start a thread on this.

Conor- Really pleased for you. [:-)]

You’re just slightly bonkers. Yes, start a thread on older women, that will be informed, clean and sensible 😉

Thanks BH, it’s only starting but feels good 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I’ve never been able to tell the difference between playing hard to get and genuinely uninterested…

I guess the restraining order might have been a hint though 😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Playing hard to get’ is closed to new replies.