Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Playing basketball tonight. Will I die?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

For the first time in 20 yrs.
    I’ve a feeling beetroot face may be making an appearance!

Pigface
    Free Member

Watch out for malicious elbows, much more fun to play than watch.

lunge

It’s about the most physically tiring sport I’ve ever played as by the sounds of it you know. It’s also the sport I sustained the most injuries in despite it being a non-contact sport.

Good luck…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ive already been warned not to be returning home moaning about any injuries! Quite looking forward to it and as I know no one at the club it could be rather interesting..

DezB
    Free Member

Playing basketball certainly kept me fit back in my college days!
    Similar to you, I played (touch!) rugby for the first time in probably 30 years the other day. I didn’t quite die, but my legs were stretched like nothing else! Loved it though. (And scored a try 🙂 )
    Realised after chasing down one youth that I could stay back in the line and didn’t have to run after everything, so it got a little easier after that.
    Enjoy your basketball!

Stoner
    Free Member

not wholly dissimilar to what me and a dozen other out of shape cow-poo kickers form the shires get up to on a Thurday night: Touch Rugby.

A “non-contact sport”. Apparently. 🙄

It’s frenetic sprinting though to stay onside and very fast turnovers. Rolling subs is a godsend.
    Unfortunately my ankle is playing up, must try and strap it up for the next session.

EDIT: Hah, debbie’s post beat mine 🙂

fuzzhead
    Free Member

It’s about the most physically tiring sport I’ve ever played as by the sounds of it you know. It’s also the sport I sustained the most injuries in despite it being a non-contact sport.

^^this

I played a lot during my teens/early twenties – it knackered my knees/ankles more than the all the MTB, BMX and skateboard injuries over a longer period

DezB
    Free Member

Hah, debbie’s

OI! er.. Susan-er!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Playing basketball tonight. Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.