Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Playing a game on iphone5 whilst streaming to smart TV
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Are there any apps to do this without hardware?

bellys
    Free Member

Not sure about apps. Apple TV is the way forward.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Ok. Any way to do it without hardware? Just stream what’s on the small screen, to the big screen?

sharkbait
    Free Member

no

fourbanger
    Free Member

This is outrageous!

sharkbait
    Free Member

youve got to have hardware at the recieving end, so something either in the TV (none exist atm), a Raspberry Pi or an AppleTV

zilog6128

There apparently is a solution (pending) for Raspberry Pi but it is only a closed beta at the moment. AFAIK the only way without an Apple TV is to have a computer – running a (paid for) app like Reflector or AirServer – plugged into the telly.

fourbanger
    Free Member

So what happens when I’m streaming video from my phone?

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s not pending in any way and been available for ages. Simply install either Raspbmc or OpenElec OS on the Pi (both free) – they’ve got Airplay built in.

zilog6128

Not airplay mirroring AFAIK. Sorry, should have clarified that in my post. There are a few games that have airplay streaming but not many, for all others you’d need to use mirroring.

andytherocketeer

certainly some hardware solutions on some Android (and other) devices.

MHL cable is all that’s required. Zero lag too, which is essential on FPS type games.

Don’t think Apple support it though. No idea if ipads etc. have displayport out?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Playing a game on iphone5 whilst streaming to smart TV’ is closed to new replies.