Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Playbook or galaxy tab
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

After a new tablet, around 7 inches is preferable. What’s best to get our of the above. Will consider others but these two spring too mind.

Cougar

Isn’t the Playbook deader than Arnold J Rimmer? Unless they’re giving them away with Tiger Tokens I’d be avoiding it personally.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d agree. The Playbook is going nowhere and the Galaxy really is a nicer device too. Screen is better on the playbook mind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mogrim

Amazon Fire? I’ve got a Galaxy Tab 7, it’s not bad but the amount of pre-installed Samsung crap is making me seriously consider rooting it…

stuey
    Free Member

I’d love a Nook Tablet – but USA sales only – pah.

Ticklinjock

Went looking for one yesterday. They seem to either be in big demand or manufacturers are poorly prepared.

Good deals on Playbook atm. Saw demo one in Cuurys/PCwelt looks impressive from resolution/speed/smoothness/robust feel. Lots of features including GPS. Lack of apps seems to be the biggest concern as it has a unique OS.
    None in stock in this area though.

The Samsung is a bit more expensive and similar spec, but runs the Android OS. For that reason its probably more desireable. Again none in stock in this area.

Archos looks good on paper,best VFM, but there were concerns over flimsy build on early ones. Again none in stock here.

Ended up going for the Motorola Xoom, it’s a bit bigger, but it was in stock and got a good price.

fenred
    Free Member

Acer iconia highly recommended…go 10.1 screen size, you won’t regret it.

Cougar

Good deals on Playbook atm.

There’s good deals to be had on laserdisc players too, for similar reasons.

allthepies
    Free Member

If there were some rooted firmware for the playbook and prices came down more then I’d consider that option. But while the stock OS is the only option then avoid as it’s becoming a big flop for RIM.

TiRed

What do you want to use it for? I have a 32GB playbook running with a BB Torch and think it’s great. It is also a local drive/mirror for my work files. All of this may or may not be possible with a Galaxy Tab.

If you want to run lots of apps, the Android is probably for you.

BBC iPlayer on the PB, is however stunning in HD.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Its for my Sister, so mainly apps and browsing. Was tempted by the playbook due to the deals out there. I will root any of the andriod devices before hand so bloatware is not a problem.

Cheers

TiRed

If she’s not a Blackberry user, at the moment, I’d go Android. Playbook is a great piece of hardware, but it’s not a small iPad substitute, if you get my meaning.

mav12
    Free Member

i have the 3g versio of the tab and am very happy with it never really noticed the bloattware

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Playbook or galaxy tab’ is closed to new replies.